Issues after 2.9 release, help with settings

drz400dude

I can't seem to find a good balance between performance and quality. Can someone help me with what settings I should be at based on my hardware? I have updated the 3080 to the newest drivers. Maybe someone with similar setup can share their settings so I can get an idea of where to start and tweak from there? TIA.

-Windows 11 Home / i9-13900KF / 32 GB RAM / RTX 3080

If you want the best quality, leave DLSS Off. A 3080 shouldn’t need to use upscaling. Most trouble people seem to be having is from enabling DLSS or FSR and then going down a rabbit hole trying to fix the problems it causes. Are you running 2D or VR? If 2D what resolution?

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah, I haven't found any instance of DLSS being on that made things better, so I have it off. I'm running 2D for now until I get that dialed in before diving back into VR. My resolution is 1920x1080. Here is my settings, do you see anything that should be changed? I also included my settings from nvidia control panel. Thanks for the help. 

settings.jpg

nvidia settings 1.png

nvidia settings 2.jpg

nvidia settings 3.jpg

Sharpening was meant to be used with DLSS so that could go back to its default. 
With a 3080 at 1080p I would think you can enable everything at its highest setting or start there and see
You shouldn’t have to worry about CPU limits either with a 13900. You can just crank everything up  

like you could have Secondary Shadows On, Vis Range extreme. Displays 1024 every frame Anis filtering 16x all those visibility sliders to 100

i don’t think you have any worries. 
on NCP I would just set all default. If you’re running gysync you might want to try Low latency mode Ultra since it’s recommended for that. 

10 minutes ago, drz400dude said:

F15e sp.trk 2.53 MB · 1 download

Here is a track just doing a single player mission. It will be going along fine then just almost act like its going to freeze up and crash. It freezes for about 10-15 seconds. Sometimes it pulls out of it, sometimes I have to exit out of the mission and go back to the main menu. 

That’s strange, your specs are pretty strong. Maybe a Dev can chime in and look at your log file or something. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I replayed your track and my FPS oscillated between 57 and 65.

W11 - Ryzen 3700X + 1080Ti + 32 GB of RAM - my DCS options are attached.

I think you are affected by this issue:

TL;DR

Windows saves energy by parking some of your CPU cores. But apparently, it does that too much with DCS MT, depending on the CPU. You can install CPU Unpark and see if you get better results.

options.lua

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.