ILS not working

Bacab

Yesterday I tried the 3rd mission of the M2000 campaign and didn't managed to get the ILS to work so today I tried another mission (Persian Gulf, night landing) and it didn't work either (for what it's worth the synthetic runway didn't work better): none of the ILS symbols (box, lines...) were displayed on the HUD nor on the HSI.

They only appeared once I had landed (pretty useless at this point). A track is available attached to this post.

I have the correct frequency for the ILS and it was set to On, the PCA shows APP selected and the waypoint 2 was chosen (Al Dhafra runway 13) with correct true heading and slope, as you can see in the track.

If I am doing something wrong please tell me, otherwise can someone have a look at this ?

Thank you in advance

Track recorded on DCS 2.9.0.47168 Open Beta

ILS_notworking.trk

It seems you were initially too high to receive the localizer. At 10 nm, after you corrected slightly downwards, you got the glideslope indicator. At 1 nm, you finally got the Localiser.

Remember, ILS are usually 3 degrees, not 5. You were always too high and never corrected it.

At 16nm I took control of your aircraft. I managed to get the localizer once I dove closer to the ground

Then I observed that the localizer is behaving backwards and the glideslope was all the way in the ground. To confirm it, I flew past the threshold of 31 and voila, I got both GS and LOC behaving normal.

Conclusion:

1) Initially, it seems you were too high on your approach for the backcourse 31R and thus not receiving the localiser backcourse.

2) Despite you setting 109.1 for 13, it seems 109.1 is for 31 instead. 111.1 didn't get any flight director needles going.

Edited by razo+r

In this picture you can see 109.1 is indeed the ILS for 31, not 13.

CW9TKSH.jpg

And after looking a bit around on the forums, here you go: 

In conclusion: The ILS for that airport are bugged. Use a different one for training.

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed the F10 map says that 109.1 is the ILS for runway 13

Al_Dhafra_runway.jpg

I didn't choose Al Dhafra, that's the airport for which the included Instant action mission was done for so it was the easiest to practice ILS landings. Guess I'll have to do my own mission.

EDIT: Since I became aware that the ILS on the airfield could be the culprit I had a look at the Caucasus bug list and guess what, the Vaziani airfield (for which the campaign mission is done) regularly pops up has having a bad ILS too. So I basically tested the system on two airfields, find it not to work on two airfields, field in a bug report because I thought if it's not working on two airfields then there is a bug in the aircraft, to finally conclude that indeed I chose two buggy airfield to learn to use the ILS... Grrr

Edited by Bacab