Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Winds.

Braunn
Go to solution Solved by Braunn,

Mission 1 was fun and got the winds n stuff but mission 2 the winds went totally maniac. There's no way to trim it. Take off and climb all at 3-400kts and it's impossible to trim and it changes every 200ft. Setting trim nose up, then winds change, trim nose back down, winds change. Every second almost.  Blablabla.

Normal or nay? 

4 minutes ago, Braunn said:

Mission 1 was fun and got the winds n stuff but mission 2 the winds went totally maniac. There's no way to trim it. Take off and climb all at 3-400kts and it's impossible to trim and it changes every 200ft. Setting trim nose up, then winds change, trim nose back down, winds change. Every second almost.  Blablabla.

Normal or nay? 

Sounds odd, not normal.  You'll see a small amount of asymmetry in the loadout but nothing that a minor trim out don't solve.  Winds are fairly minor in mission 2 and they don't change.  Not an issue with a dodgy control axis or anything?

22 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Sounds odd, not normal.  You'll see a small amount of asymmetry in the loadout but nothing that a minor trim out don't solve.  Winds are fairly minor in mission 2 and they don't change.  Not an issue with a dodgy control axis or anything?

I tried a vanilla instant action to confirm and it was flying straight as an arrow. If it's not a known issue I'll try it again and see. It was definitely unflyable. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Braunn said:

I tried a vanilla instant action to confirm and it was flying straight as an arrow. If it's not a known issue I'll try it again and see. It was definitely unflyable. 

Ok thanks, yeah it's not anything that has been reported by anyone else and I've certainly never experienced what you've described.  There is a little turbulence and a little wind so the aircraft will feel more lively than in an instant action, but it certainly shouldn't cause any major issues.

• Solution
23 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Ok thanks, yeah it's not anything that has been reported by anyone else and I've certainly never experienced what you've described.  There is a little turbulence and a little wind so the aircraft will feel more lively than in an instant action, but it certainly shouldn't cause any major issues.

You know, I wasnt even drunk when it happened but I have tried two times now same scenario after take off mission 2 and it's not occuring anymore. Maybe it was a pebkac issue. Probably, as I think about women a lot when I fly the Viper. 

But thanks for listening. 😆

41 minutes ago, Braunn said:

You know, I wasnt even drunk when it happened but I have tried two times now same scenario after take off mission 2 and it's not occuring anymore. Maybe it was a pebkac issue. Probably, as I think about women a lot when I fly the Viper. 

But thanks for listening. 😆

No worries!  On fun note I do occasionally hop in the pit after a few drinks...it never ends well 😂