DCS Aircraft seem to roll left or right

Greetings,

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle and it seems that all of the DCS aircraft roll left or right, sometimes the plane is also climbing or descending even though when I look at the stick in Windows device manager it isn't moving at all. Is this normal in DCS that you require constant throttle input? My previous PC simply couldn't run the sim and I just upgraded so am looking to get back into it. Also, I noticed last night in Instant Action with both the P51 and Spitfire that the plane easily becomes uncontrollable when banking. If I do very slight rolls it is not too bad but certainly not anything that I can use in dogfighting. I haven't loaded any other sims to test with yet but this afternoon I will try warbirds just to see if it is something specific to the software.  Any help much appreciated. 

It doesn't matter if your joystick is moving or not. If it is not dead center, it will give a constant input, even if they stick is not moving. So make sure that your stick is indeed center, otherwise add a small deadzone to your axis.

Also, some planes, mostly those without FBW, will change their pitch attitude depending on their speed. And prop planes will roll by themself if not properly trimmed out.

As for uncontrollable bank, best is to attach a short track, so we can see what's happening.

• 2 months later...