MT 2.9 latest beta: seems impossible to drain the battery

Lau

Hi,

Since it is possible to run the starter indefinitely, I tried to drain the battery with no avail (ground power off).

Best,

Lau

Edited by Lau

No customer support or modules in an abandoned state can only mean no further investments from ED’s customers. ED and third party developers are solely responsible for the level of features completeness at which they decide to release their modules.  Taking in to account customers feedback as well as finishing the products is paramount. After release, modules should be playable with important essential features completed at very early stages after the release, including bug fixes. ED & partners staffs should grow with the addition of newer modules in order to not diminish the level of customer support or further delay delivery as per the initial sales agreement. The virtual world we fly with our modules is equally important; there is no way around AI, real weather and the earth map. Thank you

• Lau changed the title to MT 2.9 latest beta: seems impossible to drain the battery
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

I'm asking, because I mucked about with TF-51D and got the battery to die on me without even trying -- had to connect ground power to get the engine running. Is TF-51D so much different from P-51D when it comes to the engine simulation programming guts that it would work in one but not in the other?

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

It is just a simulation, it could be that starter is missing code responsible for battery drain. Also ambient temp should impact how fast starter will rotate engine,at lower temps due to lover battery efficiency and higher friction inside engine.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...

I just managed to drain the P-51 battery.

When battery drained (propeller stopped spinning) the gear indicator green dims to near nothing on pushing starter. Also fuel pressure goes to zero, meaning pump looses  power when starter engaged(?). Adding ground power & hit starter prop spins, gear lamp dims very slightly. Nice.

I made a video three years ago about a Spitfire ground power bug. Comparing with P-51. Insert texts explain. I just repeated the video steps. Everything works just like three years ago. P-51 good, Spitfire gets no ground power (unstartable). Last version Open Beta 2.9.2.49940.

Ed/add: Re-verified (Spitfire) with drained battery doesn't start with Autostart nor after a repair command. It doesn't repair. Maybe if I prang a wingtip to force repair?  ...  maybe some other time.

Edited by -0303-
  • Thanks 1

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

@-0303-  Thank you for your brilliant comprehensive systems check.   Would you please do a similar check on external fuel tanks?  In some cases it seems full ext tank weight is modelled, but the fuel load is actually only in one tank, and/or twice as much fuel in one ext tank and nothing in the other.  Sounds strange, but it feels like something's not right.