Bf-109 K-4 Autostart - Add Propellor Governor - Set To Automatic (Automatically)

JUICE-AWG

Please consider adding Prop Governor to Automatic step in the Autostart for the Bf-109.  Most people fly it in Auto mode anyhous!  Thanks,

Edited by JUICE-AWG

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

True though it's part of takeoff procedure to put the prop in manual mode and then set it to 12 o'clock. From my understanding after take-off you where supposed to set it in automatic and leave it there unless you have a problem.

Setting the prop to manual 12:00 position makes take-off more manageable. (Without auto-rudder and take-off assistance)

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 12:18 PM, Cypher1o1 said:

...it's part of takeoff procedure to put the prop in manual mode and then set it to 12 o'clock. From my understanding after take-off you where supposed to set it in automatic and leave it there unless you have a problem.

Correct statement. I would therefore vote against adding "Prop Governor to Automatic" to the auto-start macro.

The beginner will tend to forget activating the engine governor after takeoff, and that will kill the engine rather quickly. After one or two killed engines you will remember.

Note: It's also recommended to set the engine governor to "manual" and propeller pitch control to 12:00 when you prepare for landing.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5