TDC Axis SETTINGS

Hello Pilots, will you please post here your TDC SETTINGS so that others may have a base to work from. It's frustrating looking for some TDC SETTINGS, everyone just seem to complaint but no one is showing there settings others may be able to work some magic from a base start.

I have the TM Warthog throttle (not the latest version) and the TDC Slew control is not very good. My settings are:
Deadzone = 20
Saturation X = 100
Saturation Y = 20
Curvature = 20

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I suggest you use the "User curve" setting. Start at 0 for the left most band, and increase the value band by band by 2 (or 3 on my attachment) as you go step by step to the right. The last slider (on the right) should be on 100%, and the next to last one should be tried and set with the slider so that the curve is smooth where it bends upwards. If still not enough "dampened", try 2 for increment (0, 2, 4, etc.) instead of 3, like on my pic below. By the way you don't have to fiddle around with the sliders, you can click into the fields below and write in the numbers with the keyboard directly.

With this method you maximize the length of shallow part, but on the edges of the movement range you still can achieve maximum/original slew speed for both the FCR as well as on the SA page, for quick/coarse slew. You can play with the deadzone too, with a Deadzone of "1" I just wanted to avoid the cursor being moved inadvertantly when depressing TDC to designate something. If it's not enough, you can try 2 or 3. (However I do have the TDC slew upgrade on my TM HW Throttle  ( click here to see ), not the pretty much useless original "nipple"...)

Setting 20 for deadzone seems a bit overkill for me, you pretty much loose the rather fine middle part of the TDC movement in my opinion.

TDC axis.jpg

Edited by Razor18
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

I suggest you use the "User curve" setting. Start at 0 for the left most band, and increase the value band by band by 2 (or 3 on my attachment) as you go step by step to the right. The last slider (on the right) should be on 100%, and the previous one should be set so that the curve is smooth where it bends upwards. If still not enough "dampened", try 2 for increment (0, 2, 4, etc.) instead of 3, like on my pic below.

Wow, this is really amazing.