Radar White Paper / Roadmap

gnomechild

I was thinking it would be very nice if someone from Aerges could give us a rundown or roadmap of the planned features and functionality of the Cyrano IVM simulation. 

The Cyrano IVM is a radar that does not have a lot of publicly available information, and the simulation in DCS as it is now is obviously WIP. 

I understand that the effort will be a long one, and I think most DCS players are accustomed to waiting for stuff like this. However in the meantime I think it would be nice if we knew what the plans were in terms of detail and capabilities of the radar. 

Some information that would be helpful:

According to pilot experience / available documentation how effective was DATEP compared to the previous MTI in earlier Cyrano IVs?

Are there any more details about how DATEP functions? 

Does the MTI have significant blind speeds in lookdown, and how does the radar determine when to use it? In older Cyranos the MTI function was tied to the altitude modes that aren't present in the IVM. 

Also just a general impression of the radar from what Aerges knows about it and what you are planning to implement would be really cool so we know what to expect while waiting. 

Thanks! Love the F1 and all the tons of hard work Aerges has put into it! My favorite jet in DCS (and one of them IRL) 

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't yearn as hard as I do if I didn't have the M2000 as an element of comparison between the S530F and S530D. The missiles aren't that different, and the main difference should be the radar that's guiding them, and the F1's radar being so WIP means I can't get a real feel for the comparison. The fact that ED has failed to get a sim that's as good as Razbam's is a clear indication to dev ignorants like myself that a radar sim is a very complicated thing, but it's still something I'd like more info on. Are you guys working on it? Is it in the background until the F1M is ready and all variants are out?

I'd really like to know, and it'd help us to promote the wonderful module that the F1 already is. The FM feels so good now!

Thanks for your work!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bump this post again, I think now would be a great time to outline the future plans for the level of detail planned for the Cyrano IVM and a brief overview of its expected capabilities and limitations, particularly its use at low altitude and in look down 🙏

• Like 6