Cant change azimuth and scale while in DBS2 mode A-G Radar

Twantick

Why can’t I set the minimum scanning azimuth in the A-G radar in DBS2 mode? And even if the azimuth is initially set to the minimum(10), it resets to 60 when DBS2 is turned on. Also, I can’t change the scale in DBS.
Here, for instance, Wags is doing this things without any issues from 7:22.

Have not seen the track.

But that is correct so far.

DBS1-2 is already the "best" possible mode.
Depending on the set distance  EDIT:  range scale, the respective EXP/DBS has its fixed areas and dcs represents them quite accurately. 

I will come back to this later.
However, there was another problem that had an influence in this aspect, I'll have to look for the report.
It was all a long time ago

One aspect.

You can also see the "jump backs" of dcs here, which has already been reported

https://youtu.be/9YQtUl_tmbE?si=ML-avciAe8CVodS8

Edited by Hobel

@Ramses823
@Twantick

Okay, I've taken a closer look at the whole thing again.
The range scale (i.e. not the distance to the target) has predefined areas.

This is shown in DCS as follows
in EXP/DBS1 mode it is always One-fourth of the selected range. from 10 range scale you see a square of 2.5nm
20>5
40>10
80>20(not for DBS)

DBS2 is from 1nm to max ~7nm, depending on selected scale.

The confusing thing here is that in Wags' video the display is not reset when he selects range scale, however it seems to be correct as it is now that every time you change the scale the image is also reset.

you can still get the result as in the video.
 select the desired location, put Coursor on it and then press the desired scale and then can you use EXP/DBS1-2 to "zoom" into the area.

Here is an example:

Edited by Hobel

I've made a couple of post's of this behavior, which is logical and cumbersome. The manual doesn't specify whether the image resets when changing the scale or not on EXP, DBS1 or DBS2. That just guessing. It is difficult to imagine that the engineers ended up with a complicated behavior as this. The wags video seems to have more sense.

The F-16 block 50 manual says that it DBS2 -> "the patch varies as the cursor is moved in range" but is a little ambiguous, I don't know if it refers to the TDC cursor distance from the aircraft, and it automatically changes size, or it refers to the FCR selected range scale.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

16 hours ago, RPY Variable said:

The F-16 block 50 manual says that it DBS2 -> "the patch varies as the cursor is moved in range" but is a little ambiguous, I don't know if it refers to the TDC cursor distance from the aircraft, and it automatically changes size, or it refers to the FCR selected range scale.

Not very clear at all, I'd say ED took the safe approach here with using the FCR range scale, I don't know why they didn't keep the ability to change the range scale while in EXP/DBS modes since before it worked similarly to the F15E's MAP mode in it's A/G radar, we can obtain similar results by moving the cursor to the area using TMS up to save the area and then changing the RNG scale, and going back into DBS,it works fundamentally the same as in the videos by wags just that you need to re-enter the DBS mode after changing the range scale. Can't really tell if that's intended behavior or not.

7 hours ago, Tnamrod said:

Not very clear at all, I'd say ED took the safe approach here with using the FCR range scale, I don't know why they didn't keep the ability to change the range scale while in EXP/DBS modes since before it worked similarly to the F15E's MAP mode in it's A/G radar, we can obtain similar results by moving the cursor to the area using TMS up to save the area and then changing the RNG scale, and going back into DBS,it works fundamentally the same as in the videos by wags just that you need to re-enter the DBS mode after changing the range scale. Can't really tell if that's intended behavior or not.

The only thing I can say is that it is a pain to use like it is now. Before (wags video) was great.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

One more thing regarding A-G radar. Refresh rate seems like not works like it should or like it works in Wags video.
When azimuth is set to 10, refresh rate is way much faster in Wags video. Now in game its tooo slow, regardles of azimuth, which is odd, I guess.
All that is about DBS1/2 modes.
Cant make video, I dont know how to capture decent screen quality video when using VR. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Twantick:

One more thing regarding A-G radar. Refresh rate seems like not works like it should or like it works in Wags video.
When azimuth is set to 10, refresh rate is way much faster in Wags video. Now in game its tooo slow, regardles of azimuth, which is odd, I guess.
All that is about DBS1/2 modes.
Cant make video, I dont know how to capture decent screen quality video when using VR. 

Azimuth has no effect on DBS1/2 only on Norm/EXP(which is currently not working properly either, but there are already reports of this)DBS1/2 stands alone and has its own Area, as you can also see in the IRL video, the radar only scans selected areas and tries to do this in high resolution

quite similar to the F15 (don't know what the mode is called there exactly) if you go to the "zoom modes" the azimuth has no effect there either

Edited by Hobel