Warthog throttle stutter/flickering

Rad_Active

Hi!

I upgraded to a Warthog throttle and stick, but since a couple weeks my throttle starts to do this weird thing in DCS where it starts jittering. I tried re calibrating, turning off the LEDs, different USB ports, but no joy. First it only happened in the OpenBeta version of the game, but since today it starts doing the same thing in the "normal" version. Can anybody help me?

But i guess that setting it from axis to slider will not cure the problem because i never have set any axis to a slider, let it be throttle, rudder or zoom and i never seen that effect. And they work just fine set as axis.
I think more of a pinched wire inside the throttle, it would not be the first one.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

That looks more like more than one controller axes are bound to throttle function of the aircraft. DCS has that nasty old old habit of when detecting a new controller, it will automagically bind every single axis on every single new controller on X, Y, Z, Rx, Ry, and Rz, to some "reasonable" function, as if that controller is the one and only controller. So, you will end up with multiple axes from multiple controllers all bound to the same function... say the throttle function.

So, different axes from different controller will fight for dominance.

The weirdest part is... not all controller will report all values each reporting cycle. A lot of controller firmware will NOT report values if there is no value change. I should know that... because I considered doing that when writing Hempstick firmware, but decided against it. I mean, what exactly is the benefit of doing that, other than saving some bandwidth? Don't give a s*** about saving some USB bandwidth! So, it's possible that even if you have multiple controller axes bound to the same function, it doesn't always manifest itself until you do something accidentally to activate it... like moving another throttle and generates some vibration.

Thanks everyone! Don't think I have checked the extra inputs. Bound them twenty times. I'll check it later today and let you know!

Edit: It should be that, because I don't see anything weird when I check USB game controllers...

Edited by Rad_Active
  • Like 1