multiplayer replay bug 2.9.1.48111

twanmal

Hello,

since the last update I'm not able to replay any multiplayer track with the error :

"ALERT   LUACOMMON (Main): Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:2426: attempt to concatenate local 'action' (a nil value)"

DCS stays stuck at "Terrain Graphics Init: 96 marianna islands.ng5" made today. It is the same error on every older track file with its corresponding map name. 

Switching back to version 2.9.0.47168 I am able to load the trackfile made prior to the latest openbeta update.

Anyone having a comparable issue ? Or any idea about where it does come from ?

dcs.log dcs_29047168.txt

H97M-E --- 16GB DDR3--- i4790k --- GTX 1080 --- Oculus Rift

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same problem both in the Persian Gulf and Syria. DCS Build: 2.92.49629

The error from the logfile is as follows: 2023-12-25 16:41:53.214 ALERT   LUACOMMON (Main): Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:2426: attempt to concatenate local 'action' (a nil value)

I have not encountered any issues with the track file in the Caucasus.

Here's what I have done to troubleshoot the issue:

Performed repair and clean operations.
Removed all mods.
Uninstalled DCS and then reinstalled it.
Additionally, I have noticed a difference in file sizes. For example, Syria and the Persian Gulf have file sizes larger than 2 GBs, whereas the Caucasus file is around 820 MB.

Unfortunately, the problem persists even after taking the above actions

dcs.log

Edited by Maverick_NL

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

@Maverick_NL @twanmal

this is likely that the track was created by a different version of DCS. fairly well known issue though the years. DEVs improved the track system recently though i do not know if anything on this front was changed.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, Maverick_NL said:

thanks silverdevil.

Could it be also that the server not has been updated? as my side its all updated to the latest version. 
I played on the 4ya pve server syria and persian gulf.

hello. the server and the clients have to be on the same DCS version for the clients to join. i do not think servers of different version will even display on the server menu. i could be mistaken about this.

• Like 1

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 minutes ago, Maverick_NL said:

this is my version:
image.png

you are running the latest OB.

DCS 2.9.2.49629 Open Beta - 19.12.2023

unfortunately there is no server version column on the following list.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/#allservers

• Like 1