WinWing F-16 Throttle VS Thrustmaster Viper TQS

Damalio

Looking for a side by side pro/cons for the Winwing's F16 Throttle and the Thrustmaster Viper TQS.  I am strictly looking for realism and quality.  Not really wanting to battle over value/price.  I almost only fly F16 and want a good quality item.  Just looking for Throttle comparisons.

Thanks Everyone! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 3:46 AM, Damalio said:

Looking for a side by side pro/cons for the Winwing's F16 Throttle and the Thrustmaster Viper TQS.  I am strictly looking for realism and quality.  Not really wanting to battle over value/price.  I almost only fly F16 and want a good quality item.  Just looking for Throttle comparisons.

Thanks Everyone! 

I have both but prefer the TQS, it just feels better imo.

Sorry, not much of a in depth review.

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

On 11/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, Damalio said:

Thanks Everyone! 

Winwing MAN RNG knob has a 5 way HAT on top of it as WW aimed for versatility, also Jeff use the same type of throttle as the F-16 but on the Jeff the MAN RNG knob is removed and was replaced by a 4-way HAT. If you are looking for a purist, true to realism F-16 throttle and don't mind the price, go for TQS, otherwise WW is a better option, cost and usage wise

Am 1.12.2023 um 23:20 schrieb Hammer3246:

I have both but prefer the TQS, it just feels better imo.

Sorry, not much of a in depth review.

Can you please explain a little what feels better on the thrustmaster throttle?

... I also prioritise on haptics and quality over everything else 

@Damalio which one did you choose and how is it can you give your opinion as well please?

• 3 weeks later...

@everyone  So I ended up splurging a bit and got both.   After side by side testing I like the TQS better than the Winwing Orion for the F-16.  While the Orion base has more buttons, I just don't use them as much if at all in VR.  

I even printing a new button for the Winwing RNG knob to help make it better.  They are both good, but for ease of use out of the box, setup, and likeness of the real F16 the TQS is better.

I will keep the Winwing in case I need it or for other aircraft.  

Mounting the TQS to my simpit was a bit more challenging than the Winwing though.  Had to improvise a bit to mount the TQS.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Damalio said:

@everyone  So I ended up splurging a bit and got both.   After side by side testing I like the TQS better than the Winwing Orion for the F-16.  While the Orion base has more buttons, I just don't use them as much if at all in VR.  

I even printing a new button for the Winwing RNG knob to help make it better.  They are both good, but for ease of use out of the box, setup, and likeness of the real F16 the TQS is better.

I will keep the Winwing in case I need it or for other aircraft.  

Mounting the TQS to my simpit was a bit more challenging than the Winwing though.  Had to improvise a bit to mount the TQS.  

After you get some more time with them, would you be willing to do a video review on youtube? I'm planning on getting into DCS and will be buying one of these 2 sticks and a VR headset and a setup similar to yours is probably what I'll end up building.

So far there aren't any reviews on youtube comparing the 2. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Probably u can't go wrong with either. I've not tried the thrustmaster but I do have the winwing f16 throttle. I really like it. It's very solid and feels great. Personally I like having all the buttons as I only fly vr and try to avoid using the mouse as much as possible. I also very much like the winwing simapp pro, as it saves me having to map all the buttons. Just download other users profile and good to go. Calibrating things like the ab detent and idle is really easy. Additionally, the rare times I want to fly another jet other than the f16, I can easily and quickly swap out the throttle grip. I have the f18 grip but really have gone off the hornet since getting much more into the viper. However, when the f15e develops further this may well be something I get interested in. In that case I only need to buy the f15 throttle grip and can just switch them. I also have the f16ex stick, with the shaker and this is surprisingly useful having the feedback. 

Edited by TED