DMT/TPOD screens dark with no contrast

FreightDog

Not sure when it happened as I've been away from DCS for a few years. Day mode, the BRT settings are turned up to max, the legends on the screen get bright but there is so little contrast on the actual screens they are almost pitch black (green) and you can't see anything - eg can just about make out a ship when close enough. Any ideas?

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

27 minutes ago, FreightDog said:

Not sure when it happened as I've been away from DCS for a few years. Day mode, the BRT settings are turned up to max, the legends on the screen get bright but there is so little contrast on the actual screens they are almost pitch black (green) and you can't see anything - eg can just about make out a ship when close enough. Any ideas?

There's an option in the "special" section for the AV8 now that allows you to set the default brightness and contrast for those displays, have you tried setting there initially then adjusting in cockpit? I do have to fiddle with both displays still, however. I'm assuming no Mods/clean install, repair etc?

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

33 minutes ago, zildac said:

There's an option in the "special" section for the AV8 now that allows you to set the default brightness and contrast for those displays, have you tried setting there initially then adjusting in cockpit? I do have to fiddle with both displays still, however. I'm assuming no Mods/clean install, repair etc?

Oh I wasn't aware of that, thanks I will have a look. I did a repair yesterday to fix a separate problem with no comms menu!

• Like 1

Voiceattack Plugin

Hope the above worked for you, but if you're talking about exported monitors, with the outer symbology being perfectly clear but the inner being too dark to use, the following might help:

Check Floyd1212's post about setting up Uimasking using Reshade. Takes a bit of effort to set up but did the job for my harrier.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 8:10 AM, Wostg said:

Hope the above worked for you, but if you're talking about exported monitors, with the outer symbology being perfectly clear but the inner being too dark to use, the following might help:

Check Floyd1212's post about setting up Uimasking using Reshade. Takes a bit of effort to set up but did the job for my harrier.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately my issue is reading the screen in-cockpit. Unfortunately I'm yet to find a solution. My workaround is the only mode where I can see anything is FLIR with BHOT. Everything else is just a dark screen even after playing with the new brightness/contrast defaults

Voiceattack Plugin

• 1 month later...

Came across this thread--- I was having a real hard time seeing boats on the sea w/ the tpod -- so from this thread I found the settings for gain/contrast in the special section for the av-8bna.  this make a huge difference! ty!  

I noticed that in early YouTube videos about the AV-8B, the color of the TDC and FLIR images on the screens had a black and white tint and was perfectly perceived by my vision. However, currently it has a Green tint and is very poorly perceived by vision. Does anyone know why RAZBAM changed the display on the monitors?

• 1 month later...

Yes

Thanks to Guyamn.

On the DCS main page, select Options menu at the top left of the display (to the right of Module Manager).  Select the 'Special' tab, then 'AV-8B N/A'.  You can adjust the two sliders for 'Default MPCD Video Gain and Contrast'.  By default they are set to 40 and 70.