GIVE ME THIS TERRAIN........

A.S

Real Environment Xtreme, Flight Environment Xtreme, Active Sky X, X Graphics, or anything from HiFi...its funny I spent almost 300 bucks getting FSX the way I like it, but one free program can do it better and only thing I dont like about it is no buildings or trees.

Thanks Hitman, i'll check those out. I'm downloading that 10m Hawaii mesh right now, and that goshawk they were flying in the video, that looked like a great place to spend some time.

I havent added any mods on FSX, are they easy to install?

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

deadsmell,

I just downloaded Tim Conrad's Embraer A-29B Super Tucano. 1ST saw it in a vid flying over TileProxy. It's one sweet aircraft, and, the price is right. There are many versions, modified from the original, with different skins,panels etc. Highly recommended! :thumbup: I also have all the add-ons hitman spoke of, and, all are well worth it. Good Stuff!

Edited by soup55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

Basically it should be possible to use tileproxy and maps2bgl to create a terrain mod for lomac....me thinks :music_whistling:

get this in to lomac, yes please.

matched with the new server mod = new game :)

how good is it, amazing new level of realism

i am installing fsx again just to try it.

tell me i am understanding this correctly,

flying anywhere over google earth style maps

it's too good to be true.:thumbup:

Edited by G3

Ok im downloading real environment xtreme, and active sky x. I just wanted to clarify, are these going to work with tileproxy, or is it one or the other. either you run real environment extreme, or you run tileproxy, or do they both work together simultaneously? I am hoping they both work together somehow, but im starting to think that might not make sense. :)

I also dl'd Tim Conrad's Embraer A-29B Super Tucano and the panel mod with the radar.

I havent installed any of it yet, just waiting for everything to finish.

uber excited to try this out.

so will all those apps work together to make everything nice and pretty?

@ggg87: Yes you are understanding correctly, it's true and it works! you gotta try it.

@groove: damn that sucks man, I hope you can find a work around. I assume you already read the install guide, I wish i could help you out, after all the help you provide here on the forums. I'll keep my eye out for any vista support threads i can find, and if I see any, ill shoot you a link. :)

Active Sky X is a weather simulation engine. REX is an environment simulator, which means it replaces sky textures, water textures, cloud textures, lights, and what-not. I should know, I have em all. TileProxy just replaces land textures...some of which may or may not over-write runways. I experience this with MegaSceneryX.

ok, now this is really starting to frustrate, this damn gamespy account registration crap simply does not work. No matter what i put, it says the "password must be less than 16 characters long and be in alphanumeric format", but no matter what it doesnt work.

I cant believe microsoft would let a half baked entity like IGN have anything to do with their games, let alone code the MP. I tried searching the gamespy forums, but found nothing but angry flight simmers looking for the same solution as me, and gamespy is just pointing the finger at microsoft, so there doesnt seem to be any help there.

Do you guys have any insight as to how to make this work?

Thanks! lol

Edited by deadsmell

Thanks Hitman, it still wont accept that password though. I wasnt sure if you actually created an account for deadsmell, but it wont work for me either way, as an existing account, or as a new account, It's been a pain just to get it to accept user names too, but when i finally clear that hurdle, i get this password nonsense.

im still a no go for gamespy registration.

Is there a particular port you open to communicate with the gamespy servers?

Even im disabling "forced use of signed drivers" i cant install it properly because my vista won't take the unsigned drivers...

Im looking for tne resolved answer to this, theres a program that allows unsigned drivers to be loaded...but the thread I was looking for was moved somewhere else and I cant find it.

I also forgot to mention that TileProxy doesnt load night time city textures, so it gets pretty dark and weird at night over cities. This is just me warning you all. Otherwise, I still use it from time to time.

2009330205245885copy.jpg

2009330201732718copy.jpg

Edited by hitman

I can't use it:cry:

My Vista Ultimate 64bit won't let me use any unassigned drivers.:doh: I wish there was a way to support this project by some company cos by the looks of it this guy who made tileproxy has to spend a Sh***tload of cash to sign the drivers.

btw if any Guru in here has an insight on how to enable installment of unassigned drivers on 64bit Vista let me know:)

p.s - Sometimes it won't hurt going back a few pages and do some research lol. I found some software that might fix my problem. I'm using SP1 btw so I'll post feedback if it works

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I can't use it:cry:

My Vista Ultimate 64bit won't let me use any unassigned drivers.:doh: I wish there was a way to support this project by some company cos by the looks of it this guy who made tileproxy has to spend a Sh***tload of cash to sign the drivers.

btw if any Guru in here has an insight on how to enable installment of unassigned drivers on 64bit Vista let me know:)

I "just" posted a link on how to fix this...Ill even walk you through it if you want.

No, I made a thread over there about this time last year. I found the thread, but I cant access it. Im still looking for it.

EDIT: Found it!

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=234563&hl=pigpen

Edited by hitman

Ok, I got it working!!

All I can say is wow. This is definitely one of those instances where the eye candy makes a HUGE difference.

I was playing FSX earlier, and I was flying around a city i used to live in, and NOTHING looked familiar, now that i got this tile proxy thing going, it feels like im actually there, i can see all the old landmarks and stuff!

I must say this is one of the coolest mods ever. I for surely have a reason to start taking more flights in FSX.

it even improves the feel of the aircraft, i just took off in f-18, and went into a steep climb after take off, and the shiz looks frickin real. lol, i love it.

does anyone play this online? ive never played it online, it says i have to register with this gamespy thing, is it free to play online?

I tried the setup in different hdd disk for tcproxy folder (reading through manual i have changed settings in proxy.ini?

But cant make it work...can you post your proxy.ini file somewhere so i can compare it with mine?

@zika: Hey man, as luck would have it I dont have that .ini file anymore. I just used the one that Ed Truthan provides for download from his setup guide. Make sure you delete the other .ini when you add the pre configured one.

I ended up uninstalling flight sim x last night. I just dont think its for me.

I went through all the steps including the driver signing stuff. TileProxy loads up fine without any errors before I start flight sim. I start flightsimulator but I don't see the new terrain. I tried many locations/daytime and I tried a few map services.

Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to point flightsim towards the new texture directories under the scenery settings?