No arresting cables animation in VR

Muas
Go to solution Solved by Muas,

I read somewhere it was fixed, but I cannot see the trapped cable animation anymore.

Only when the cable is recovered to its position it appears again. Nothing is seen catching the hook or during recoil.

I'm using Reverb G2. Anyone still seing this?

• ED Team

Hi, 

can you tell us more about your setup in VR, I assume you are using openXR are you using any other tools or edits? 

If you can attach a track replay example and a dcs log from the same session we could look for clues. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

can you tell us more about your setup in VR, I assume you are using openXR are you using any other tools or edits? 

If you can attach a track replay example and a dcs log from the same session we could look for clues. 

thank you

I'm using Windows Mixed Reality through DCS native openXR runtime (executable commands --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR) in multithreading, but no other tools or third party apps whatsoever.

My specs: HP REVERB G2, i5 12400f, RTX 4070 TI, 32GB RAM

Later on I will try to record a track of a carrier trap from external view.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Muas said:

I'm using Windows Mixed Reality through DCS native openXR runtime (executable commands --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR) in multithreading, but no other tools or third party apps whatsoever.

My specs: HP REVERB G2, i5 12400f, RTX 4070 TI, 32GB RAM

Later on I will try to record a track of a carrier trap from external view.

Thanks!

Out of interest, when you create the track file, can you try replaying a copy of that track file (not the original, as replaying it can corrupt or alter it) via DCS in Single Thread mode and see if they show for you. It may help to narrow down if the issue is with MT or not. 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:36 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

thank you

Kindly find below a link to a few recordings I did.

The one where you see the cable animation is with no VR and single thread multi-thread (MT); the other two are with VR and MT, these are from the same track just one was recorded from the desktop. You see the cable disapearing upon trap, then reappearing in place after loosen from the hook.

I tried VR in single thread and the animation still doesn't show, so it is not a MT issue, but it seems to be a VR thing.

https://we.tl/t-dHqSmHZisg

17 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Out of interest, when you create the track file, can you try replaying a copy of that track file (not the original, as replaying it can corrupt or alter it) via DCS in Single Thread mode and see if they show for you. It may help to narrow down if the issue is with MT or not. 

So it does seem not to be a MT issue. Either flown or played back track, the result is persistent: cable animation doesn't show on VR, but does show in 2D.

NOTE: I edited my original text (hence the strikethrough) because I'm now aware that since 2.9 DCS_updater.exe is firing MT, being so, all my testing was actualy done in MT. So to wrap it up, in 2D the animation is rendered, in VR it is not.

Carrier Trap VR.trk Carrier Trap.trk dcs.log

Edited by Muas
  • Thanks 1

I have similar/same issue in VR MT.  When my wingmates land and I am watching in external view, I cannot see the wire.  I need to look up at the 4 wires and see which one is missing across the deck to determine which wire they snagged.  Reverb G2/WMR/OpenXR, i7 14gen, 3080ti, 64GB ram.  I'll try to gather track/logs and post.

Chirp.

Edited by STKDirty

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, STKDirty said:

I have similar/same issue in VR MT.  When my wingmates land and I am watching in external view, I cannot see the wire.  I need to look up at the 4 wires and see which one is missing across the deck to determine which wire they snagged.  Reverb G2/WMR/OpenXR, i7 14gen, 3080ti, 64GB ram.  I'll try to gather track/logs and post.

Chirp.

I was starting to believe I was the only one suffering from this...

• 1 month later...

I've been messing around with config files, disabled WMR Holographic Controller, and now I can see the cables animation in the right eye only...

Tried disabling stereo_mode_use_shared_parser but still, cables animation only in the right eye... 50% fixed...

Edited by Muas

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue for maybe a year or so, also with a HP G2... Here's my post that got no traction in the VR bugs section. I did recently upgrade to a Pimax Crystal and the issue is still there, but I think it's slightly better/visible, but not like it used to be in the early days of VR and carrier wires. 

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I just solved this problem by resetting the WMR Holographic Controller to MAKE SIMETRIC USING RIGHT (the right eye was the one displaying the cables animation).

I can see now the animation on both eyes!

Here's the link to the WMR tool below:

Edited by Muas
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

There was a fix for this in February so you should be good now 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2