"Stillness in time" - many missions are broken, not a good experience!

PawlaczGMD

Having played a few missions, most of them have broken triggers, don't assign score correctly, don't instruct players on what to do, or simply have an unreasonable scenario.

Examples:

-First mission - wingman ejects half-way through because of bingo fuel?

-Refinery raid - both me and wingman bombed the refinery precisely, but it is not destroyed, and does not assign score for it. I killed all the trucks, but the mission still ends in a failure.

-ECM cover mission - I've returned and landed with all the other aircraft after they were done, but the mission ends in failure. 

-Cover Ka-50s from 2x Su-27s.  Not a bug, but really? This is the fourth mission I got. The difficulty spike is insane. 

There are just so many issues, the campaign is a horrible experience currently. I would ask that someone tries to play it, and refreshes it so that it works.

I know this is a pretty old update, but did you give it a try?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1964327/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 minutes ago, PawlaczGMD said:

if you recommend it!

I flew that campaign almost to completion, but I admit that it was like 5 years ago, so not sure how it behaves with current DCS 2.9  ... if you do try it, please come back and tell us your experience with it 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I flew that campaign almost to completion, but I admit that it was like 5 years ago, so not sure how it behaves with current DCS 2.9  ... if you do try it, please come back and tell us your experience with it 👍

OK, the first few missions have worked fine! The edited refinery mission as well, although I would have kept the AAA guns to make it more interesting.

• Like 1