Volume Levels

JG14_Smil

Hello,

The DCS sound system is not very enjoyable for me. In every plane, in order to hear my own engine, I have to raise the volume. I am now at the mercy of every pilot that wants to make a sonic boom, so I have to turn the volume back down until I can't hear my engine again. Same thing with wind noise, it becomes deafening if I set volume so I can hear my engine. I've tried every volume slider setting possible and I cannot make it right.

In settings, we are given an option to 'opt out' of loud afterburner sounds. Can we do the same for sonic booms? I don't need them at all. In fact, I would invite the Dev or Devs that created that sound to just sit in a public server and listen to it for a while, just so they know the joys they brought to DCS (sarcasm, yes).

Thanks for consideration.

• 2 months later...
Hello,
The DCS sound system is not very enjoyable for me. In every plane, in order to hear my own engine, I have to raise the volume. I am now at the mercy of every pilot that wants to make a sonic boom, so I have to turn the volume back down until I can't hear my engine again. Same thing with wind noise, it becomes deafening if I set volume so I can hear my engine. I've tried every volume slider setting possible and I cannot make it right.
In settings, we are given an option to 'opt out' of loud afterburner sounds. Can we do the same for sonic booms? I don't need them at all. In fact, I would invite the Dev or Devs that created that sound to just sit in a public server and listen to it for a while, just so they know the joys they brought to DCS (sarcasm, yes).
Thanks for consideration.
Turn the cockpit sounds up and world volume down.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

World volume is only for externals. Turning up cockpit sounds makes the booms louder. Thanks for replying, MAX.
Really? That's gotta be wrong. Yes, the World volume should be for external sounds, which I assume "other booms" are. Huh?
Try "hear in helmet" perhaps? You'll of course lose a lot of cockpit sounds.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

On 12/9/2023 at 2:30 PM, JG14_Smil said:

In every plane, in order to hear my own engine

To be fair, in a real aircraft you probably wouldn't be able to hear your own engine - only the Environmental Control System.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset