Trailer Attach/Detach tasks

Hello,

I've been messing around with the trailer attach/detach tasks available for tractor vehicles. I was doing this since the new S-300 search radar needs one to move around as currently implemented. I'm not sure how long these features have been in the works but anyways I thought I'd make some bug reports to hopefully push it a bit since this would genuinely be nice to have.

Trailer Attach :

-So the trailer attach task is currently not usable without editing the mission file inside of the miz since there are no trailers available in the drop down (probably because no unit is reported as a trailer I guess, as otherwise I can hitch anything onto it).

-It also does not seem to work if not done on mission start (an option of the task), the AI does not seem to know how to attach a trailer if asked to do so after spawning.

-The trailer seems to rotate around a "hitch point" as a trailer should but is floating.

Trailer Detach :

-The trailer detach task works correctly it seems, but the trailer takes an odd orientation after being released and is floating.

-There is no way to request a final heading for the tractor when unhitching (QoL feature but can be necessary in some scenarios).

Here are two videos displaying these few issues + the .miz files used :

Here is also a screenshot of the line I added to the mission file of the .miz to make the feature "work" :

image.png

Alright that's it, good luck !

Sincerely,

Rex

TestTrailerS300SR.miz TestTrailerS300TRmast.miz

Edited by Rex854Warrior
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]