Loud High Pitched Hissing/Grinding Noise in 2.9.2

Lasko

Does anyone know what happened to the in-cockpit sound in this latest update?  There is now a high pitched constant hissing noise that I feel like I need to wear earplugs with the game set to the normal volume that I use.

I recorded both old version and 2.9.2 version in Audacity with the Mi8 just sitting on the ground.  The two channel sound file doesn't quite capture the level of the new high pitched noise but it is really obnoxious.

2.9.1 version:

2.9.2 version:

• Like 1

As BTD said in the other thread, new Mi-8 sounds are WIP.

I think the hissing sound is just compressors noise, which is indeed very excessive now with any doors open, while with all doors closed it makes blade flapping and link "chirping" only barely audible.

I'm more curious/concerned about higher frequency of blade flapping sound. Just as if the number of blades was higher, or rotor RPM was higher. That might be more accurate, I don't know. Will have to listen to some onboard recordings of the real thing, maybe even try to measure it in-game with stopwatch and decelerated time.

All and all, I think I preferred 2.9.1 sounds overall, even if they were too quiet. Balance in 2.9.2 seems to be all over the place.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Does helmet sound make it less annoying?

I thought of that but haven't tried it since it's a global setting and would have to change it every time I switch aircraft.  I just turn the game sound down to 1 click above mute when flying the Mi8 now.