Su-25T - Mercury LLTV Pod not working properly

TexWiller
Go to solution Solved by Ironhand,

Hello everybody,

I've been having some issues with the Mercury Pod and basically can't find targets with it at night or at day.

Since targets are not showing white as the training mission suggests it gets very hard to spot them with it.

Is there any settings, maybe even graphics settings that I should change in order to get it to work propperly?

Here are some screenshots of the issue

At night time

As said on the mission, tanks should appear as white.

Training Mission Text

But they are not appearing white, they are appearing like this, which makes them very difficult to find.

Mercury POD at night time

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this??

Now, an example on day light

Only with SHKVAL

Shkval on daylight

Now, same spot with Mercury LLTV POD. (can't see anything)

Mercury POD on daylight

Edited by TexWiller
Better understanding

• Solution

At the time the tutorial was created, the Mercury pod was being modeled (incorrectly) as being infrared, hence the tutorial description of what to look for. The pod is now being modeled more correctly as a low tech light amplification pod. So things no longer show up in high contrast as they once did. The target is on the runway centerline just above the white runway markers. The tutorial needs to be remade.

in your second set of screens, your seeing what you should see with the pod amplifying daylight—a bright, washed out screen.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I believe it was a few updates ago but I’m also not sure that it was formally acknowledged.

EDIT: Here’s a thread from November. The actual switch that created the bug noted by the OP was from the switch made a bit earlier.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

OP “original post” or “original poster” (as in the person who opened the thread).

And a warm welcome to you. 🙂

_____

• 3 weeks later...

Whow, nearly posted the same report... so the current behavior with NOT white tanks is correct, just the voiceover is obsolete now?

I also noticed how overblown the red lights are - is that correct as well? This is the Mercury LLTV:

image.png

Ingore (1) (that's a now-not-white tank), but (2) is caused by this:

image.png

Should we consider this a non-buggy current version of Mercury pod?

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube