Voice chat with more than eight pilots connected in multiplayer. It's possible?

Silver_

I wanted to ask if anyone is doing well with more than eight pilots in multiplayer. I haven't been able to get it to work, someone is always left out. With less than this amount it has been achieved, I really don't understand the reason why this happens.

The most I have successfully tested with was 4 so far. It's too unreliable to be counted on as your only solution no matter how few or many people you are working with. I really, really want it to work but it is in the extremely frustrating area between being too buggy to even try and useful enough to attempt once a mission or so.

Also, to be clear, it is happening because of ED, not (usually) you. Different users have the issues on the different days so it's not them. I have read every single bug fixing/large feedback/guide thread on this forum multiple times and nothing I have read has made VOIP work reliably. Allegedly it works for most people and ED needs more data/testing to iron out the last remaining issues. This data gathering and testing has been going on for almost 2 years now, so I don't have my hopes up.

Edited by ACS_Dev

• ED Team

Hi, 

we are running session with many more people, we recently tweaked voice chat and added more turn servers which helped. 

If you are still seeing issues I would suggest ensuring each client has turn servers ticked. 

DCS is allowed in the firewall / antivirus 

If you still have issues we would like to know the geographical location of the clients and the dcs log from the session. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

we are running session with many more people, we recently tweaked voice chat and added more turn servers which helped. 

If you are still seeing issues I would suggest ensuring each client has turn servers ticked. 

DCS is allowed in the firewall / antivirus 

If you still have issues we would like to know the geographical location of the clients and the dcs log from the session. 

thanks

Hi BN, thanks as always for the reply.

When did these changes occur?
Incidentally I have been running some missions more recently without issue but since I hadn't heard anything about changes and it was with a smaller player sample I put it down to luck.

• 2 weeks later...

In my flight group we have been doing tests and the truth is that now we have done much better with more than eight people, the only thing that left me a little frustrated is that some people could be heard as if they were on Discord (without any radio effect, clean voice) and others were heard with the normal radio effect.  I have no idea what this could be due to and what parameters need to be modified to obtain correct modulation.

If anyone on the ED team has an idea why this is happening, I'll be all ears.  Otherwise the communications were quite good (fading effects, noise, etc., except for those that could be heard clearly. Of course, we all had Discord turned off.

• 2 months later...

We haven't had a session in weeks where at least one player wouldn't have difficulties either hearing or transmitting to other players, and that's with five to ten people. VC is so unreliable lately that we're probably going to switch back to SRS.

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)