F-15EX Rotary antenna elevation wheel

Swiso

Hello,

One question... I see that the Rotary wheel (RZ axis), in Simapp pro program, can be setup in three different ways (two different axis actions and only buttons)

Which one would you recommend for controlling F-15E (and F/A-18) radar antenna elevation ? 

I see that in these jets that command work differently than the F-16.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20231222_125928_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Someone more knowledgeable may correct me:

The rotary in the real jet is spring loaded self centering. It changes the rate in which the elevation of the radar antenna changes and is not attached to a specific antenna angle. Once released it returns to the center which is 0 rate and stops the antenna.

Since the rotary on the WW throttle handles is not self centering it doesn't translate 1:1 how the real jet operates.

Someone may correct me but afaik the antenna elevation in the F-15E by Razbam is also not changed by changing the rate but instead the rotary position is attached to spefici antenna angle. If I am right than this done because we do not usually have self centering rotary knobs on PC and it makes it easier for simmers to control the antenna elevation with the usually available hardware which is either buttons or an axis.

The most accurate way to replicate how the antenna is controlled would then be the pure axis mode.

Now you could use the combined mode but there is no point to the switches on the axis. The F-15E has no function attached to the end or center of the antenna elevation rotary and the switch mode is IMO mostly just a work around for other sims who would not support an axis for this function.

But like I said I could be wrong...

Edited by Ishigami
  • Like 1

Hello, 

Unfortunately the Winwing F-15ex is not centering, but the real one is. Either the real or razbams one are proportional rotary. It's a shame, but I'm using the self centering wheel at the left of the TDC on my F-15ex Winwing for radar elevation instead of the real input

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Islari said:

Hello, 

Unfortunately the Winwing F-15ex is not centering, but the real one is. Either the real or razbams one are proportional rotary. It's a shame, but I'm using the self centering wheel at the left of the TDC on my F-15ex Winwing for radar elevation instead of the real input

Hello,

Thanks for the input.

I might try this to see how comfortable it could be.

Thanks.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Islari:

Hello, 

Strange that they modeled that wrong when they had done it correctly for the Hornet already.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

On 12/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, Phantom711 said:

Strange that they modeled that wrong when they had done it correctly for the Hornet already.

and they sell it as F15e, I hate the radar elev wheel as it stands,  but their are few guys fixing that over on the discord by adding a centering spring 

• Like 1

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

2 hours ago, Jeb said:

and they sell it as F15e, I hate the radar elev wheel as it stands,  but their are few guys fixing that over on the discord by adding a centering spring 

Could you post a link to that discord discussion where they add a centering spring ? 

Thanks!

Could you post a link to that discord discussion where they add a centering spring ? 
Thanks!
I would like to have the link as well... thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

https://discord.com/channels/438688364359581707/1167768837610016769

HOTAS /HOSAS/SIMPIT  discord.   then 3D-print projects / winwing antenna elevation mod

• Like 1

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals