Mission 6 - Doge 2 does not leave formation

Hi Baltic Dragon,

During several attempts today Doge 2 didn't leave the formation to continue their route.

They stayed in position even when I attacked the enemy at Echo 2. After a while, I realized they disappeared.

After I defeated the enemy at Echo 2 and went to help Echo 3, they appeared again.

I didn't have this issue with the Georgian flights joining we on previous missions.

What I also realized is, that I didn't receive a call that my wingman and Doge 2 joined formation while anchoring at WP 1.

Any hint?

Cheers,

DK

Edited by Delta Kilo
Grammer

Hey @Delta Kilo

I've had several similar reports from people for different campaigns and was able to confirm that in 99% of cases this is not a issue with the mission (all the triggers are set correctly) but one of the following reasons:

A) Some people report it when flying in MT on slower machines. Switching to ST seems to fix the issue.

B) For some people full repair of DCS seems to do the trick.

C) For others uninstalling unofficial 3rd party aircraft / other mods fixed this.

D) For some people uninstalling VAICOM / Voice Attack does the trick.

There is nothing I can do on my end as I cannot reproduce the issue but we did investigate it deeply and found that the reason was always one of the four things listed above. Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I see, the mysteries of DCS....

The strange thing is that it looks like only this specific mission is effected.

As I said the joint mission with the Georgians and later also with the Polish F-16's woked.🤔

At least they didn't crash during the landing by abording the approach even though they behaved like ordinary wingmen dancing up and down during approach!

Thank you for your heads up and quick response, Baltic Dragon!

I wish you a happy new year and looking forward for your new campaigns!

DK

Yeah, this is how DCS works. For instance lots of people had problems with a particular mission in Raven One (only one of them) and each fixed it with one of the points listed above. I was unable to reproduce the issue. We're talking to ED about this, they acknowledged the bug, but so far were not able to eliminate it. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png