Mirage F1 radar videos

micaGR83
Go to solution Solved by BonerCat,

Dear members,

I would like to ask forum support for a project I am running.

I am converting original Mirage F-1CG radar to digital. With an LCD.
Because at the moment it is in static mode and not for simulation use, I would like to play some videos in loop mode.

So I am using a Raspberry Pi 4. What I ask and hope to have some support from people, is 4 to 5 videos, with Air to Air target lock, Dogfight, and other search modes. From 3 minutes to 5 each video. Because I DON'T KNOW how to export only the radar image, to be able to record videos and use it, plus my PC is very old, and I have many issues with running DCS. So I ask for your help / support, if someone has the radar export to record these videos for me. 

Thank you very much!

289130611-278a5652-f12b-494b-86f8-e3947f3fccb5.jpg

323324693-690501582565133-1880060677732875953-n.jpg

Edited by micaGR83
  • Like 3

@micaGR83
Are you asking how you can export radar, MFDs etc. in DCS? Because you can, and don't need a Raspberry for it, don't think you even can. You only need a second screen connected to your computer.
Cheers!

Edit: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forum.dcs.world/topic/341330-mirage-f1be-export-of-radar-mfd-has-missing-texture/&share_tid=341330&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

@micaGR83
Are you asking how you can export radar, MFDs etc. in DCS? Because you can, and don't need a Raspberry for it, don't think you even can. You only need a second screen connected to your computer.
Cheers!

Edit: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forum.dcs.world/topic/341330-mirage-f1be-export-of-radar-mfd-has-missing-texture/&share_tid=341330&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

No Sir, I am asking if someone can export and make some videos for me, because my PC is very old and I can't run DCS.

I am using Raspberry Pi because I want those videos to be played in a loop mode. 

My Mirage F1 cockpit is static display.

Here is a small video with the radar, running one video 2 minutes in a loop.

But I am searching/ asking for some more videos. In different search modes.

Off topic (sorry for that). Do you know the functionality of the panel that is right of the Navigation Indicator?  I know that we  had modified the CG to carry 4 SW and that panel has to do with the missiles selection, but could you describe with more deetail what are  those switches   doing  (TIPS, M, ST2 etc)? And what is their relation with the armament control panel on the right side. 

About the radar videos, you can see short shoots of the radar display here  . There is also a french movie showing the radar display (have to find the video for that).  Don't know though if that helps you. 

Edited by jaguara5

5 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

Off topic (sorry for that). Do you know the functionality of the panel that is right of the Navigation Indicator?  I know that we  had modified the CG to carry 4 SW and that panel has to do with the missiles selection, but could you describe with more deetail what are  those switches   doing  (TIPS, M, ST2 etc)? And what is their relation with the armament control panel on the right side. 

About the radar videos, you can see short shoots of the radar display here  . There is also a french movie showing the radar display (have to find the video for that).  Don't know though if that helps you. 

I am searching for clear radar videos from DCS.

As for the other info, I will send it via pm.

Thank you.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Ask and you shall receive my friend

After spending a little bit of time on figuring out how to set up MFD exports in DCS, and a couple of sorties in very simple SP missions made in 2 minutes, i've got 6 short clips of radar in operation
They look a little odd without context of what is going on, with only the artificial horizon at the bottom adding some clues whenever there is no lock, but its what you've asked for, so i hope it works for you!

Included:
-Peace time intercept with a tanker
-2 clips of war time interdiction of an Su-24
-2 clips of a 1v1 dogfight Mirage F1 vs F-4 Phantom
-1v2 dogfight Mirage F1 vs F-4 Phantom

Here's a playlist on youtube, feel free to download and transform these videos any way you wish

If you would like raw video files, i can upload them to a google drive, just that this is simpler

I could also fly a longer mission if you like, with contacts popping up on radar without getting engaged etc. That recording would probably reach about an hour or two in length, just wasn't sure if this format would work for you.

If for any reason this is not usable, let me know and we'll try to work something out, see how to fix etc
Its also worth noting that this was recorded before the radar rework, so the behavior may not be super accurate

Ps. I didnt know your setup exactly, so i decided to not crop the video and upload the raw capture. This means you'll likely have to center the image and probably crop out the OBS moments at the beginning and end, but i hope you can figure that out!

Edited by BonerCat
  • Like 1

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, BonerCat said:

Ask and you shall receive my friend

After spending a little bit of time on figuring out how to set up MFD exports in DCS, and a couple of sorties in very simple SP missions made in 2 minutes, i've got 6 short clips of radar in operation
They look a little odd without context of what is going on, with only the artificial horizon at the bottom adding some clues whenever there is no lock, but its what you've asked for, so i hope it works for you!

Included:
-Peace time intercept with a tanker
-2 clips of war time interdiction of an Su-24
-2 clips of a 1v1 dogfight Mirage F1 vs F-4 Phantom
-1v2 dogfight Mirage F1 vs F-4 Phantom

Here's a playlist on youtube, feel free to download and transform these videos any way you wish

If you would like raw video files, i can upload them to a google drive, just that this is simpler

I could also fly a longer mission if you like, with contacts popping up on radar without getting engaged etc. That recording would probably reach about an hour or two in length, just wasn't sure if this format would work for you.

If for any reason this is not usable, let me know and we'll try to work something out, see how to fix etc
Its also worth noting that this was recorded before the radar rework, so the behavior may not be super accurate

Ps. I didnt know your setup exactly, so i decided to not crop the video and upload the raw capture. This means you'll likely have to center the image and probably crop out the OBS moments at the beginning and end, but i hope you can figure that out!

Those videos are perfect. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Just a simple small favor if it's possible. Can those videos be centered in the video file? They look like to be on the left side of the video. 
Any new video and longer will be very very nice. As for the the type of video, mp4 is what I run with the player, but I can fix that. 

Your videos are my Christmas Gift for 2024. Thank you very much!!!

UPDATE: I've fixed the video's centering with video editor. THANK YOU again Sir.

Edited by micaGR83

Happy to help 😄
Good to hear you got it to work for you

If i end up recording that long video i'll post it here and let you know

Good luck with your project, it looks awesome! o7

• Like 1

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430