DCS World 2024 Screenshots and Video Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airfield attacks became a deadly job for many allied pilots in late 44 and untill the end of the war.
In fact some pilots who joined active units during the last months of the war did nothing else in their way career. One RAF pilot who joined a spitfire unit in early 45 in Italy only attack airfields until the end of the war, never saw a flying enemy, never even strafed a train or German column.

This was also one of the deadliest things an allied fighter pilot could do, the German airfields were thick with AAA of all sizes. The veteran pilots hated it, the bases with squadron that did this were somber and filled with quiet heavy drinking.

Clostermann paints a vivid and sad picture of the mood these pilots were in.

My rather pitiful recreation of such a mission. Scalded down both for performance and survivability on my part.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

A lot of firsts in this one. First actual attempt at AAR in A4. First actual attempt at making a DCS video out of it (though raw footage of the AAR is on the channel as well).

• Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)