Sound to unit is acutally sound to group

• 2 weeks later...

I can share a track, or a mission, but would a track file from a MP mission show the bug? I mean, i hear the sound (sound to my unit set), but the other player also hears the sound (wich he shouldnt) . Would the track file show this?

---

So the setup i used in the MP test mission:

place a zone.

place a 2-ship group F16.

when UNIT in zone (the lead unit) -> sound to unit (again the lead unit)

this resulted in both units in that group hearing the sound.

---

Reason i stumbled on this is because i have a instructional mission file, that several instructors use. The instructors are reminded with a sound and a message to unit when they should ask certain questions, without the student/wingman being alerted.

However the wingmen hear the sound to unit as well (incorrect) , but not are not seeing the message to unit (correct)

5 hours ago, nighteyes2017 said:

I can share a track, or a mission, but would a track file from a MP mission show the bug? I mean, i hear the sound (sound to my unit set), but the other player also hears the sound (wich he shouldnt) . Would the track file show this?

In this case, two tracks are needed: client 1 track and client 2 track.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thank you very much. Your tracks helped me determine this issue is already fixed internally. The bug does not affect the "sound to unit" directly, it affects the "unit/group/coalition in zone" stuff. See:

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 4 weeks later...