SCENERY DESTRUCTION ZONE

Miccara

The SCENERY DESTRUCTION ZONE option is one of the best features on the map when running a ground mission. This needs to be functional in the multi-player version. It adds a great amount of wartime realism to the game.

21 hours ago, Miccara said:

The SCENERY DESTRUCTION ZONE option is one of the best features on the map when running a ground mission. This needs to be functional in the multi-player version. It adds a great amount of wartime realism to the game.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that this function does not work for MP?

I'm pretty sure I've seen destroyed shelters on the 4YA Sinai server recently (just after mission restart), but maybe those are "baked in" into that map.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that this function does not work for MP?

I'm pretty sure I've seen destroyed shelters on the 4YA Sinai server recently (just after mission restart), but maybe those are "baked in" into that map.

During the multiplayer game, each player saw something different. I built the mission and saw destruction but the other players saw no destruction or some.

Ah yes, it's random indeed

The only way to currently make sure everyone sees the same, is to destroy everything within that zone (set the value to 100%) and place zones over each object you want to see as destroyed. Cumbersome exercise...

Your wish makes sense 👍 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You can create random explosions pretty easily in a zone or polygon. You can even find buildings and explode them based on type. I wrote a function for a friend that destroys all the bridges in an area.

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero