General Voice Attack profile

Go to solution Solved by speed-of-heat,

Hi everyone,

Apologise if it is not the right place to ask this question.

I was looking for a software that would be able to send keystroke to DCS via voice command.

Voice Attack sounds to be  a good choice and I am looking for a good general profile. Althought I am mostly flying the F18 I am just interested by general commands (not specific to the hornet) that would allow for exemple to send wingmen, tanker, carrier and so on commands.

Do you know of any good voice attack profile that would do the job ?

Thanks 

• Solution

Vaicom pro is now open source https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You might take a look at Bailey's profiles, available at 

Bailey's profiles have a different style from the VAICOM approach mentioned in another reply, and I find them less immersive. VAICOM, on the other hand, focuses on communicating with the AI without using the comms menu, and has much less in the way of commands for operating the aircraft itself. Both are worth considering.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Yes! Voice Attack is awesome.

And, Bailey has created some great profiles:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Baileywa/apply/

check them out..

Edited by plott1964
  • Like 1

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

On 1/14/2024 at 7:52 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Vaicom pro is now open source https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community

Hi,

Cant' find the documentation how to install...

I would like to install automatically with a msi but cant find it...

So what should I dowload ?

Thanks

Edit : found the VAICOM.PRO.for.DCS.Word.msi file (v2.9.2.3) but when dowloaded I get a temporary crdowload file, not the msi. What's going wrong ?

Alos not clear if I must get both the .msi and the VAICOMPRO.zip files or either the msi or zip 

Thanks

Edited by CougarFFW04

1 hour ago, CougarFFW04 said:

Cant' find the documentation how to install...

I would like to install automatically with a msi but cant find it...

So what should I dowload ?

You can find an MSI installer for the current version of VAICOMPRO here: https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community/releases/tag/v2.9.2.3.

All the MSI does is unpack files into the VoiceAttack apps subdirectory. After you run it, find the VAICOM manual in the apps\vaicompro\documentation subfolder of your VoiceAttack installation folder. READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE FURTHER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THAT MANUAL. They are important.  

BTW, you can get help with VAICOMPRO this DCS subforum: https://forum.dcs.world/forum/329-vaicom/

And the Community Development team answers questions and maintains help resources at their Discord: https://discord.gg/7c22BHNSCS

Edited by sthompson
added links to help resources
  • Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

3 minutes ago, sthompson said:

You can find an MSI installer for the current version of VAICOMPRO here: https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community/releases/tag/v2.9.2.3.

All the MSI does is unpack files into the VoiceAttack apps subdirectory. After you run it, find the VAICOM manual in the apps\vaicompro\documentation subfolder of your VoiceAttack installation folder. READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE FURTHER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THAT MANUAL. They are important.  

Thanks but can't get an msi... see above

2 minutes ago, CougarFFW04 said:

Thanks but can't get an msi... see above

You only need either the MSI file or the ZIP file, not both. It appears that your download of the MSI file did not finish. Suggest you try again. Alternatively download the ZIP file and unpack it into your VoiceAttack apps folder. Then you can find the manual with installation instructions in apps\vaicompro\documentation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sthompson said:

You only need either the MSI file or the ZIP file, not both. It appears that your download of the MSI file did not finish. Suggest you try again. Alternatively download the ZIP file and unpack it into your VoiceAttack apps folder. Then you can find the manual with installation instructions in apps\vaicompro\documentation.

Did try several times but windows complains that it is not a secured file and I get the cr file, not the msi.

Oki so I will try with the zip...

20 minutes ago, CougarFFW04 said:

Following the documentation I can't get the "import profile" (grey).

Is it because the VoiceAttack full version is mandatory ? 

Yes. The trial version of VoiceAttack only supports 20 commands. The VAICOMPRO profile tries to install hundreds or more than 1,000 commands, depending on the extensions you enable. A VoiceAttack license is very inexpensive at $10.

• Like 1

Got it.

Not yet finished with the configuration but just a question : is there a way with VoiceAttack to test outside DCS if commands are well reconised  (not speaking about voice recognition training) ?

Thanks

Edited by CougarFFW04

6 hours ago, CougarFFW04 said:

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if the interactive kneeboard is included in the VAICOM zip file ?
I am refering to :

It is built in to the plugin, but you have to enable it through the VAICOM configuration widget (Left control-alt-C to activate that once VAICOM is running), and then restart VoiceAttack. There is a checkbox on the extensions tab. Be warned that it causes DCS to fail integrity checking on MP servers. So does the ARIO extension.

• Like 1