FCR - Gun not working as Pilot.

AndreNL
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Good morning fellow pilots / DCS team, 

As the title indicates, my on-board gun no longer works when the FCR is active. I made a short video of it. And maybe that's how it should work, I'm curious about your ideas about this.

So when the FCR is active, I can no longer use the gun with my helmet-sight? Even when I use the TADS-sight switch?

If my cpg or myself using the FCR and I see a close groundtarget, I first have to switch off the fcr to enable the gun sight again, feels wrong to me, but okay.

yes, think of the FCR as an 3rd eye, i can find an sort targets for you, but "just" for the hellfire.

in normal conditions, the CPG is always the main gunner with any weapon exept the Hydra pods.

you as pilot use the gun in case it would take to long for the crew to coordinate the target area, as example: you fly low, your CPG looks to the left with the tads and searches targets, an out of suddon you spot a small group of enemys in close range to your bird at your right. Then you would take the gun an fire on them to push them into defence. So you can break an sattle new.

nearly the same is for the fcr as Pilot, you should only use the system if the cpg cant effektiv. as example, in a very low flight szenario i could be usefull to have the fcr as pilot, in case there is a high priority target poppin up at your front.

• Like 1

• ED Team
  • Solution

@AndreNL, regardless of whatever weapon system you have selected, the weapon system can only be targeted by the sight you have selected within the crewstation. If you have selected the gun, it will only follow your head if you have selected HMD as your sight. If you select FCR, the gun will point toward the FCR target with the diamond around it, it will not follow your head. However, if the FCR has no target, the gun (or any weapon you are using) has no target to aim toward which is why you have LOS INVALID displayed. If you wish to aim your weapon with your helmet, you must select HMD as your sight. This is the same logic in both crewstations, regardless of what weapon you are using.

Also, you cannot select TADS as your sight in the backseat. This Sight Select switch position only works in the front seat since the Pilot has no way to contrll the TADS.

@Grennymaster, you can use the FCR with any weapon system. Gun, rockets, and missiles. You just can't use the laser-guided missile variants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Raptor9:

@AndreNL, regardless of whatever weapon system you have selected, the weapon system can only be targeted by the sight you have selected within the crewstation. If you have selected the gun, it will only follow your head if you have selected HMD as your sight. If you select FCR, the gun will point toward the FCR target with the diamond around it, it will not follow your head. However, if the FCR has no target, the gun (or any weapon you are using) has no target to aim toward which is why you have LOS INVALID displayed. If you wish to aim your weapon with your helmet, you must select HMD as your sight. This is the same logic in both crewstations, regardless of what weapon you are using.

Also, you cannot select TADS as your sight in the backseat. This Sight Select switch position only works in the front seat since the Pilot has no way to contrll the TADS.

@Grennymaster, you can use the FCR with any weapon system. Gun, rockets, and missiles. You just can't use the laser-guided missile variants.

ohh than i didnt get that corretkly from my manual reading 🙂 thx for clearify 🙂

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

So, this button I selected shouldn't be a option for the pilot seat? If that's the case, than I understand my own confusion.....

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.00.58.90.png

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, AndreNL said:

So, this button I selected shouldn't be a option for the pilot seat?

The physical switch position is there in the Pilot seat and you can press it; but just like the BUCS trigger, it is only functional in the CPG crewstation. It's a lot cheaper to mass-produce identical collective controls for each crewstation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head