Eyepoint Indicator in VR (Blue Cross)

Homer252

I appreciate this is not a bug report, but I was wondering if there is a way of changing the default "on-screen" time for the blue cross.

I find sometimes it disappears just a bit too quickly when I am doing some training & familiarity tasks on newer aircraft types.

Ideally I would like to have it remain on-screen for a longer period without having to touch the mouse/track ball to bring it back up.

Any ideas out there?

19 hours ago, Homer252 said:

I appreciate this is not a bug report, but I was wondering if there is a way of changing the default "on-screen" time for the blue cross.

I find sometimes it disappears just a bit too quickly when I am doing some training & familiarity tasks on newer aircraft types.

Ideally I would like to have it remain on-screen for a longer period without having to touch the mouse/track ball to bring it back up.

Any ideas out there?

I don't think there is. My workaround is to use joytokey to bind my throttle hat buttons to mouse settings. All I need to do to reactivate the cross is "left click" and it appears. I also bind buttons to offset the cross low left and low right so that I can more easily reach the side panels.

You can also bind a button to toggle the cross on and off but I find this is a bit more delayed than the first option. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

6 hours ago, Qcumber said:

I don't think there is. My workaround is to use joytokey to bind my throttle hat buttons to mouse settings. All I need to do to reactivate the cross is "left click" and it appears. I also bind buttons to offset the cross low left and low right so that I can more easily reach the side panels.

You can also bind a button to toggle the cross on and off but I find this is a bit more delayed than the first option. 

What and where binding must I search for this option?

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

45 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

What and where binding must I search for this option?

Download the "joytokey" software and you can use this to bind buttons on your HOTAS to control mouse clicks and wheel scrolling. 

https://joytokey.net/en/

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro