Kub / Buk / S-300 systems (They don't shoot)

Dragan
Go to solution Solved by Grimes,

Hello people, I am asking a question about the above mentioned systems in the mission editor, when I set up these systems they do not react at all when I come into their range, since I can fly with an A-10 plane and I can literally approach and use the Gau-8 cannon to destroy each of the mentioned systems, What am I not doing right in the setup of these systems when I am not being shot at? Are there additional settings needed? The other Tor /Tunguska/Osa systems react and fire when I am in their range and engagement

Edited by Dragan

• Dragan changed the title to Kub / Buk / S-300 systems (They don't shoot)
  • Solution

Generally whenever you see multiple units with "SAM [type of system] Unit Type" then you will need 1 of each of those objects for it to actually shoot. There are additional rules and caveats but that is the bare minimum. 

Make sure the Tor, Tunguska, and Osa aren't in the same group as the main sam system. 

Caveats

• Some sams have multiple types of search radars that will work with it.  Its fine to have all of them if you want. 
  • SA-10 requires flat terrain to deploy. If the ground isn't flat enough then the search radar, tracking radar, or launchers will not deploy and function as expected. 
  • SA-11 launcher can shoot on its own if it visually detects a target.  
  • Patriot STR cannot rotate to look in a given direction. The direction the unit is facing is about a 90 degree arc that it can see. 
  • Patriot launchers also have a limited FOV, basically can't shoot behind them. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

When I install these systems, I always do it the way it is recommended and everything I have, for example: System Kub 1 launcher and all radars, the radar identifies me and I get a signal in the plane, but the launchers are the problem, they don't react, the same goes for Buk and S-300

For the S-300 system to work you need to have the assets all in same group, therefore a C2 (Command Post Vehicle), a Track Radar, (Flap Lid A or B) a Search Radar, (Clam Shell Mast, Big Bird, or Tin Shield) and then also the 2 mobile launchers (1xTel C (master)  and 1xTel D (Slave)) as a minimum, you can have more launchers if you want like the test miz below.

Hope this helps

S-300PS SA-10A Test.miz

• Like 1

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

3 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

They need a few seconds to deploy, too. It would be useful to send a track, too, so we can see what's actually going on.

The task was a bit longer but I hope this helps, here is the Buk system.You will probably see that I set up 2 launchers and of course all the radars, the launchers didn't even try to fire a missile at us

dcs.log

1 hour ago, Scoop said:

For the S-300 system to work you need to have the assets all in same group, therefore a C2 (Command Post Vehicle), a Track Radar, (Flap Lid A or B) a Search Radar, (Clam Shell Mast, Big Bird, or Tin Shield) and then also the 2 mobile launchers (1xTel C (master)  and 1xTel D (Slave)) as a minimum, you can have more launchers if you want like the test miz below.

Hope this helps

S-300PS SA-10A Test.miz 14.57 kB · 2 downloads

I set everything you listed as the default, even they were on very flat ground, several times, also like the other 2 systems, they did not fire a single missile

5 hours ago, Dragan said:

The task was a bit longer but I hope this helps, here is the Buk system.You will probably see that I set up 2 launchers and of course all the radars, the launchers didn't even try to fire a missile at us

dcs.log 76.95 kB · 1 download

I set everything you listed as the default, even they were on very flat ground, several times, also like the other 2 systems, they did not fire a single missile

The log file is not helpful for this sort of thing. Post the miz or a track file so someone could see how its setup and might figure out the problem. 

In the test miz file i uploaded, set the a10 to autopilot straight away, then press F7 once and zoom in on the Flap Lid radar, it should rotate straight away and pick up the incoming planes and fire the first missile after approximately 3 or 4 seconds.

If you are setting up your own group, set the skill level to good, default is average, and run a test doing the same as above, if the Flap Lid or other search radar (Big Bird) does not move then the setup is not right. Do not have more than one search radar and one track radar in the set up.

As @Grimes says post your miz file and we will take a look

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

I was asked for a track, I installed the Kub system, there is an AI F-16 in the air that literally attacks the Kub system with a cannon, the system does not react to it.Does anyone know what this is about, I repeat, everything from this topic title (doesn't) react,the radar is spinning.Kub set as default, 1 launcher 1 radar...

Kub.trk

Edited by Dragan

They aren't in the same group. See its unit 1 of 1. That means you have unit 1 selected in the group, which has only 1 unit in it. 

image.png

Use the + icon or the > button on the right to add units to the group. + inserts a unit at whatever index you are at to the left. Which means what was unit 1 becomes unit 2. Where-as if you add the unit via > it adds the unit to the end of the group. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the explanation, I have been doing it simply until now, for example, I set what is in the group and I did not pay attention to these settings,that's why these mentioned systems couldn't even engage me 👍

Probably worth mentioning DCS has unit templates, which usually include some of the SAM systems arranged in groups already. Pick the template, place it down, one click for working SAM.

The templates vary by country, which can complicate things, but it's worth trying the templates and seeing if they have ones relevant to you.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I followed all the instructions and in the end I started all the mentioned systems, I know where I made a mistake and I made a mistake because I separated them by adding and they were by no means in the same group like Grimes wrote,thank you very much