Mission 15 - Comms & Other Issues

Hello BD,

I'm currently on Mission 15, and I've encountered a few issues. When entering the AO and engaging in combat, there are instances where 3, possibly 4, transmissions overlap each other.

Also, the mission instructs to call in the helicopter crew once the AO is deemed clear. I do this when I believe all enemies are eliminated. However, subsequent communications with Overlord then instruct to call for rescue, which I have already done by that point.

There's a minor yet confusing aspect as well. During the coordination for the first two targets, AA and Manpad, it's mentioned that we should engage these targets and then contact Springfield. But the game requires contacting Springfield first.

Additionally, after clearing the AO and reconfirming by directing my wingman to attack ground targets (to which I receive a negative response), and performing several low passes, the helicopter still gets shot down by a ground vehicle. I suspect this vehicle may have spawned in between these actions, or it somehow doesn't engage with me.

In response, the helicopter starts taking fire, and I attempt a risky maneuver to locate the shooter, hoping it will target me instead. I suspect the attacker might be a BTR, which gives him the ungodly sniper powers that DCS creators have bestowed these types of vehicles

It seems there are some irregularities with triggers and timing in this mission.

I've attached the trackfile for reference

Mission 15 CF.trk

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks @nikoel, I will have a look what is happening there. I had a lot of issues with this mission before due to stupid AI (not to mention the wingman, who is an absolute moron). I'll do my best to have this fixed for next update. 

Thanks mate

I know it's been tough with the ARC changes. It goes without saying but I am not ruling out user error 

The track is my second play though. On the first it broke. I believe this is because learned the hard way that I can not have 30.00FM and 40.4FM tuned at the same time (we can do this with the ARC210 + the old FM Box). So in my original playthough the mission broke completely by having both two digit FM frequencies up on the two seperate comms. I got a lot of transmissions all at once and then nothing

Not sure if it matters, but I always use pre-programmed presets entered manually at the start via the left MFD. But I am sure you saw this at the start of mission

(P.S. A suggestion - if you want to eliminate the AM/FM bug reports I would recommend having the presets pre-filled for all the missions)

Edited by nikoel

3 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Yeah, that would be an easy fix 🙂 but requires time I don't have now with lots of fixes I still need to make and a lot of backlog on my new material. But I'll get to it. Will keep you posted about M15. 

Totally understand

Can you add to the list that Mission 16 has a potentially mission breaking oversight

Anchor Waypoint 3 is MGRS 37T ###### ###### 

When you're talking to pre-recorded JTAC The radio calls omit first set of coordinates and give you 6 digits. When you are talking to DCS Default JTAC, he too omits the first set of coordinates.

So using the lessons from Iron Flag I created the new waypoint. The 37T gets carried over. However this sends you in the completely wrong direction. It took me a minute to figure this out and through past experiences and memory try 38T. This worked. However before I could even get to AO the mission failed so I had to restart from scatch, this is almost an hour into the mission, which is frustrating. I checked message log to see if I missed '38T' in any of the broadcasts but I did not find this to be the case

Edited by nikoel

• 1 month later...
2024/1/23 PM8点29分,baltic_dragon说:

Thanks @nikoel, I will have a look what is happening there. I had a lot of issues with this mission before due to stupid AI (not to mention the wingman, who is an absolute moron). I'll do my best to have this fixed for next update. 

The wingman do nothing to help ,can't hit the truck and air defense , just let the Manpad and zus-23 killing me when i try to get the trucks. And the cloud make me suffered.

Edited by KenZeng

On 1/24/2024 at 12:52 PM, nikoel said:

Totally understand

Can you add to the list that Mission 16 has a potentially mission breaking oversight

Anchor Waypoint 3 is MGRS 37T ###### ###### 

When you're talking to pre-recorded JTAC The radio calls omit first set of coordinates and give you 6 digits. When you are talking to DCS Default JTAC, he too omits the first set of coordinates.

So using the lessons from Iron Flag I created the new waypoint. The 37T gets carried over. However this sends you in the completely wrong direction. It took me a minute to figure this out and through past experiences and memory try 38T. This worked. However before I could even get to AO the mission failed so I had to restart from scatch, this is almost an hour into the mission, which is frustrating. I checked message log to see if I missed '38T' in any of the broadcasts but I did not find this to be the case

That is a very old thing and I did it on purpose in several missions because there is no better way of learning things than by using one's own mistakes.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:42 AM, KenZeng said:

The wingman do nothing to help ,can't hit the truck and air defense , just let the Manpad and zus-23 killing me when i try to get the trucks. And the cloud make me suffered.

Yep. One advice there: don't use specific attack command (attack AAA using mavericks from the north), but the general ones (attack AAA). That tends to help. Sometimes. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png