Warthog Hotas firmware update problems etc…..

usafphantom2

Hey! I’m trying to get back into combat sims after a 10 year break. I have a warthog throttle that has its Z axis reversed outside the game it’s not supposed to be like that I know you can trick it in game but that’s not fixing it so I hope someone here has had this problem and been able to fix it and will share. Second I was updating the firmware thought that was throttle problem it wasn’t but anyway the throttle updated and my stick got an error message saying it was taking too long for the Bootloader and then my joystick disappeared from device mgr and controls screens. I swapped it through all my usb ports and it wouldn’t come up. I manually checked the connectior on the base and joystick pins all ok, I tried the Bootloader procedure a few times and nothing comes up. All controllers appeared and were working prior to this except the backwards throttle. Pray to God that someone has gone through this too and found a fix. I will post the fix for mine if somebody can help me find it. I have an old computer that has a lot of my old flight sims on it Win 7 64Bit Home Im putting a new one together but I still want to use this machine for those sims. Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback. God bless.

Hi, I did not have issues like you with the reversed throttle, but can remember I had issues with the firmware upgrade. I read somewhere that it is wise to use an older USB 2.0 port. Additionally maybe this link helps you, I got mine solved by following the description for the bootloader method.

Bootloader Method TM

This is directly from Thrustmaster so this should not create too much risk.

I hope this helps, let us know please.

Edit: In the link mentioned in the manual I guess you need to download the package driver which includes the firmware.

Edited by xoxen
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

If you can't get it working, you can contact TM support. In general they respond quite quickly.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

19 hours ago, usafphantom2 said:

I tried the Bootloader procedure a few times and nothing comes up.

I swapped it through all my usb ports and it wouldn’t come up

I manually checked the connectior on the base and joystick pins all ok,

Thank you for the replies, I have tried those things already to no avail.