Can you make AI unit IMMORTAL to all other units except the Player?

CommandT

Hi folks,

Is it possible to make an AI unit IMMORTAL to all other units except the Player? 

Basically I'm trying to create a firefight on the ground, but I don't want everyone to kill themselves in 15 seconds... I want them to keep shooting at each other, however I still want the bad guys to be able to die from my own aircraft/ heli. Is that possible to do somehow?

Many Thanks!

Could try using a script that detects when the player fires.

Alternatively, use invisible instead of immortal and make the AI fire at points near enemies so they don't kill each other.

There is no real direct way to do this, but a few indirect ways.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

2 hours ago, CommandT said:

Is it possible to make an AI unit IMMORTAL to all other units except the Player? 

Yes, by exploiting a strange quirk that may or may not be fixed at some point in the future:

3 hours ago, cfrag said:

Yes, by exploiting a strange quirk that may or may not be fixed at some point in the future:

Hmmm, at least in the mission I made, my Huey AI gunners cannot kill any enemy units which are set to immortal 😞 Thanks though!

4 hours ago, Exorcet said:

Could try using a script that detects when the player fires.

Alternatively, use invisible instead of immortal and make the AI fire at points near enemies so they don't kill each other.

There is no real direct way to do this, but a few indirect ways.

That's a pretty good idea! Thanks for that! 

3 hours ago, CommandT said:

my Huey AI gunners cannot kill any enemy units which are set to immorta

If immortal is NOT the first command, players can kill it. AI gunners aren’t players…

6 hours ago, cfrag said:

If immortal is NOT the first command, players can kill it. AI gunners aren’t players…

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying! Interesting that AI gunners aren't counted as the player unit. 

3 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

@CommandT Please find attached an example of how I would potentially deal with this situation, which is simple and effective IMHO. I hope it helps. Cheers

IMMORTALON-OFFOB.miz 11.21 kB · 0 downloads

That's an interesting way of dealing with it! A bit of a compromise but definitely should keep the action going for a little longer. Thanks for that. I will test my new mission with this idea 🙂