TACAN approach chart for Kutaisi airport

Neystratiou

Dear friends,

I have created a TACAN approach chart for Kutaisi airport in Caucasus region.

Chart created from scratch of DCS World v2.9.1.48335 and is not an adaptation of a real chart in order to have inaccuracies.

It is under scale, that means it has extreme precision!

Pay special attention to the date that you fly your mission, in order to be valid the bearings of the chart (years 2016-2024).

E.g. If your mission has date 31 December 2015 (and for some years ago), then the Mag. Var. will be 6 deg. E and then the approach TACAN radial will be 071 (instead of 070 of the chart).

Included also the ILS approach chart for Kutaisi and Kobuleti airports.

A preview of it below:

Kutaisi-TACAN.jpg

Download link:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335610/

I hope to enjoy it.

Feel free to post your questions and remarks.

Nikos.

• Thanks 6

• 3 weeks later...

The chart looks awesome, well done!

Just a few nitpicky questions/remarks:

• Missed Approach: "Climb on track 247" - wouldn't it make sense to use track 250, just like the inbound course?
  • Missed Approach: "At KTS 2 DME climb right turn [...]" - I think charts usually say "climbing right turn"/"climbing left turn" in this case
  • MSA: The altitude in the northern sector (between 140° and 205°) is almost unreadable; is it 10,800? I believe the MSA-diagram is usually placed in a free corner of the main diagram where there is more space available to scale it up a bit and make it more readable. In this chart, the lower left corner looks to be well suited because there's nothing there anyway 😉
  • In place of the MSA-diagram, a holding-entry-diagram would fit fairly well (though I'm not sure if this is the proper place for it)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Yurgon said:

The chart looks awesome, well done!

Just a few nitpicky questions/remarks:

• Missed Approach: "Climb on track 247" - wouldn't it make sense to use track 250, just like the inbound course?
  • Missed Approach: "At KTS 2 DME climb right turn [...]" - I think charts usually say "climbing right turn"/"climbing left turn" in this case
  • MSA: The altitude in the northern sector (between 140° and 205°) is almost unreadable; is it 10,800? I believe the MSA-diagram is usually placed in a free corner of the main diagram where there is more space available to scale it up a bit and make it more readable. In this chart, the lower left corner looks to be well suited because there's nothing there anyway 😉
  • In place of the MSA-diagram, a holding-entry-diagram would fit fairly well (though I'm not sure if this is the proper place for it)

Hello my friend.

About your questions/remarks:

- Almost all procedures wants the pilot to fly a parallel track with the RWY and close to it or overfly it, when the missed approach start. So it is correct this.

- You can use both, depending of the phrase. My phrase is correct giving emphasis that you will execute the turn in a climb. As you mentioned you can see e.g. climbing right turn to 3,000 to intercept R-XXX... In any case, the meaning of the procedure don't change or confusing.

- The MSA between 140° and 205° is 10,600 FT MSL. You are right about the placement of the MSA, but still the problem to fit the text into very small area due to close tracks will be there.

- A holding-entry-diagram isn't default inclusion to NATO/US approach nav. charts.

Thank you for your care about my chart as also for your remarks.

I hope to like the procedure and enjoy it.

Nikos.

• Like 2