No longer viable

Winger

No, he is offering a supplied built service to avoid the wait times, 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I am absolutely happy with mine.
Built one for 3 friends already.
Its almost as much of a revelation as VR was back in the day IMHO.
I even converted my TM TPRs to Rhino pedals and i love both.

51 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

No, he is offering a supplied built service to avoid the wait times, 

exactly

1707306708838.jpg

1707306708844.jpg

1707306708851.jpg

1707306708858.jpg

1707306708863.jpg

1707306708871.jpg

1707306708876.jpg

1707306708882.jpg

Edited by Winger

To clarify is that 1000 £, €, $, yen?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 2/7/2024 at 6:44 PM, lxsapper said:

It's EU so € most likely.

this!
EDIT:
I can also only recommend anyone who wants one to build one yourself. Its such a great piece of hardware and increases immersion and quality of your flying by such a big margin! I learned a lot building mine and hada lot of fun doing so.
AND its great to have a joystick base that you can replace every single part of in case something breaks and not having to worry about warranty and stuff.
So if anyone wants to build one and has questions - feel free to ask. Ill gladly help.

Edited by Winger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:11 PM, Winger said:

I am absolutely happy with mine.
Built one for 3 friends already.
Its almost as much of a revelation as VR was back in the day IMHO.
I even converted my TM TPRs to Rhino pedals and i love both.

exactly

1707306708838.jpg

1707306708844.jpg

1707306708851.jpg

1707306708858.jpg

1707306708863.jpg

1707306708871.jpg

1707306708876.jpg

1707306708882.jpg

Hey! Do you have a video or more info on the TPR rhino mod? How much for that?

I have the rhino and would love to convert my TPR pedals!

• Like 1

hey, i dont sell that mod. I just replicated it from smitty on VPForce Discord.
Was kind of problematic cause some of the parts are in inch and i live in germany so i couldnt get the parts. Only got them with lots of difficulties.

@ LuseKofte yepp. the Rhino is an awesome piece of equipment. Must havve for Flightsimmers just like VR IMHO.

Edited by Winger

Hey everyone,

i saw Winger's offer on January 6th as an alert i had set on kleinanzeigen.de (online fleamarket like craigslist, gumtree etc.) went off.

Got in contact with him the same evening and immediatly noticed his passion for flight sims and the rhino base. We talked for half an hour, and my concerns about buying expensive DIY hardware without any warranty or customer support from someone i just got to know vanished quickly.

The base arrived five weeks later, which included a week of waiting for the pulleys to arrive. Winger kept me well informed and built up my anticipation. Since registering to the Rhino queue in September last year i asked the bot about my position about once per week, so it's safe to say i was hyped.

image.jpeg

The base arrived in a cardbord box which contained this wood box.

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

This thing is a beast! All in all the best protected piece of hardware i have ever recieved. Yes, the cover on the edge was slightly bent first, but evened out later. I suspect it might have happened because of temperature differences. Did a quick comparison to my CM3 base to decide on mounting height, as Wingers base has 20 degrees of throw and a shorter connector than Walmis' Rhino base. Coming from a CM3 with 30 cm extension, i mounted the Rhino base 2cm lower and ended up with a similar sight height and a few degrees less throw. I always thought that 20+5cm or 20+7,5cm extensions would have worked out better with the CM3 base, so this was a very happy moment for me already!

6.jpg

S-Curve mounted, definitely difficult and something that should be done with absolute caution and care to not damage the threads. I'd go as far as saying that Virpil's 20cm S-Curve is a must-have for the Rhino. I was too clumsy when i first tried to attach the extension and made a dent in the upper threads. Eventually i managed to tighten the extension and i know i'm never going to take it off again. Changing grips is no problem with Virpil's metal connection and the profile loading is just as easy.

7.jpg

Oh no, i spent all my money on hardware so i had to.. improvise.. on the mounts. I never tried a proper simrig with profile mounts, and yes my PC is stopping the throttle and panel from shaking. Its far from rock steady, but normal use on the panels doesn't let you notice they're mounted on a wobbly mess of wood and screws.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The base is a huge gamechanger, i am still in the process of learning and tuning configurations, but i can't really find the words to describe how much more immersed it makes you feel. It's amazing how little time it took to configure and start flying. I really like the look and feel of the emergency stop button. The second potentiometer allows for perfect tuning on the go, i wouldn't want to miss it.

Demonstration of the amount of throw:

As a helohead experiencing how proper force trim feels for the first time was another very happy moment:

So yeah, i'm really happy with my base so far. If flying virtual aircraft is your passion, you won't regret getting this amazing hardware from Winger. I was blown away by the feel and precision of Virpil's hardware when i replaced my 10+ year old X52. The step from Virpil to the Rhino now feels even bigger and more sigificant.

What i've experienced so far from Winger and the VPForce Discord communtiy makes me confident to recieve support if any problems come up after long term use. I'll definitely do the FFB mod for my pedals later this year, which i'm sure will be another huge gamechanger for flying helos.

Thanks a lot Winger!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bertOC said:

Hey everyone,

i saw Winger's offer on January 6th as an alert i had set on kleinanzeigen.de (online fleamarket like craigslist, gumtree etc.) went off.

Got in contact with him the same evening and immediatly noticed his passion for flight sims and the rhino base. We talked for half an hour, and my concerns about buying expensive DIY hardware without any warranty or customer support from someone i just got to know vanished quickly.

The base arrived five weeks later, which included a week of waiting for the pulleys to arrive. Winger kept me well informed and built up my anticipation. Since registering to the Rhino queue in September last year i asked the bot about my position about once per week, so it's safe to say i was hyped.

image.jpeg

The base arrived in a cardbord box which contained this wood box.

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

This thing is a beast! All in all the best protected piece of hardware i have ever recieved. Yes, the cover on the edge was slightly bent first, but evened out later. I suspect it might have happened because of temperature differences. Did a quick comparison to my CM3 base to decide on mounting height, as Wingers base has 20 degrees of throw and a shorter connector than Walmis' Rhino base. Coming from a CM3 with 30 cm extension, i mounted the Rhino base 2cm lower and ended up with a similar sight height and a few degrees less throw. I always thought that 20+5cm or 20+7,5cm extensions would have worked out better with the CM3 base, so this was a very happy moment for me already!

6.jpg

S-Curve mounted, definitely difficult and something that should be done with absolute caution and care to not damage the threads. I'd go as far as saying that Virpil's 20cm S-Curve is a must-have for the Rhino. I was too clumsy when i first tried to attach the extension and made a dent in the upper threads. Eventually i managed to tighten the extension and i know i'm never going to take it off again. Changing grips is no problem with Virpil's metal connection and the profile loading is just as easy.

7.jpg

Oh no, i spent all my money on hardware so i had to.. improvise.. on the mounts. I never tried a proper simrig with profile mounts, and yes my PC is stopping the throttle and panel from shaking. Its far from rock steady, but normal use on the panels doesn't let you notice they're mounted on a wobbly mess of wood and screws.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The base is a huge gamechanger, i am still in the process of learning and tuning configurations, but i can't really find the words to describe how much more immersed it makes you feel. It's amazing how little time it took to configure and start flying. I really like the look and feel of the emergency stop button. The second potentiometer allows for perfect tuning on the go, i wouldn't want to miss it.

Demonstration of the amount of throw:

As a helohead experiencing how proper force trim feels for the first time was another very happy moment:

So yeah, i'm really happy with my base so far. If flying virtual aircraft is your passion, you won't regret getting this amazing hardware from Winger. I was blown away by the feel and precision of Virpil's hardware when i replaced my 10+ year old X52. The step from Virpil to the Rhino now feels even bigger and more sigificant.

What i've experienced so far from Winger and the VPForce Discord communtiy makes me confident to recieve support if any problems come up after long term use. I'll definitely do the FFB mod for my pedals later this year, which i'm sure will be another huge gamechanger for flying helos.

Thanks a lot Winger!

Thanks for your Kind words Bert. I am very glad you Like it. But i told you youll love it☺️

All kudos Go to Walmis for developing this awesome Joystick Base, the Community and Walmis for their ongoing improved awesome Software and protomaker964 that shared the DIY Plans this Base ist bult upon on GitHub.

I am nothing more than a helper for fellow simmers that want to also Go the DIY Route but can for whatever reason.

Cheers

Winger

Edited by Winger
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here my setup for Winger‘s Rhino VPForce. A realy well build piece of technic. I got it 2-3 weeks ago and i‘m very happy, it brings the immersion to an higher level. Thanks to Winger 😁👍🤘

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8670.jpeg

IMG_8671.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 10:02 AM, wofei said:

Here my setup for Winger‘s Rhino VPForce. A realy well build piece of technic. I got it 2-3 weeks ago and i‘m very happy, it brings the immersion to an higher level. Thanks to Winger 😁👍🤘

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8670.jpeg

IMG_8671.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

Thanks for you kind words. But I am nothing more than a mere helper. All the KUDOS belog to Walmis at VPForce for developing this great thing, the community for contributing with the development and Protomaker964 for sharing the files on Github.
i am really glad you like it Wofei!

Edited by Winger
Changes

• Winger changed the title to No longer viable

Winger,  any chance of reposting your instructions for 3-D printing?  (Materials, fill, etc?)  I was just getting ready to do it when you took down the post describing them!