Not So Lousy Way To Do Business

BuzzU

I finally save up enough to buy a WW HOTAS and just ordered it. It said it was available. The miniute I order it I get an email saying it's on backorder. Nowhere on the website did it mention this. Just to see what was going on I ordered a different HOTAS for a different plane. Same thing. It was backordered.

I don't like to be jerked around and will never do business with them. As much as I hate to buy another TM Warthog. That's what i'm going to do. If nothing else I know if I order it i'll get it.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

Wow! Instead of exploding and writing this relatively useless post, you could have easily sent them a message via their FB page, Discord or even logged a ticket via their Customer Service portal.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I have my reasons for not doing that. (long list)

This was just the frosting on the cake.

Instead of flying the Hornet with a WW. I'll fly the A-10C II with a TM Warthog. Something i've done for years with no complaints.

This is not the first time i've heard the same thing  from others. So, it seems to be their style. I was surprised nobody chimed in with the same problem but like me they didn't buy from them and wouldn't be on this forum. I won't be here either now.

Cya

Edited by BuzzU
  • Like 1

Buzz

just subscribe and wait until you get the notification to order. Don't see a lousy way to do business here.

This happens in several other shops as well and i think its known by now, that batches are small and buyers are fast within the sim community.  Just be patient and you will get your gear!

• Like 1

Ryzen7 5700X 8x3,4GHz (Turbo 4,6 GHz)  ||  G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600MHz  ||  Geforce RTX 3060Ti (8GB VRAM) ||  WD Black 500GB NVME  || Windows 10 64Bit
WinWing Orion 2 HOTAS 18  ||  LG Ultragear 32' WQHD  ||  EyeCam IR Headtracking

38 minutes ago, J4ckson said:

just subscribe and wait until you get the notification to order. Don't see a lousy way to do business here.

This happens in several other shops as well and i think its known by now, that batches are small and buyers are fast within the sim community.  Just be patient and you will get your gear!

I don't think he has any patience....I want it and I want it NOW!

43 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

I don't think he has any patience....I want it and I want it NOW!

You don't know my history with WW. I have infinite patience when I need it. WW used it all up in the past. This was the last chance I was giving them.

No matter. I just ordered a Warthog from B&H this afternoon. It's already shipped and i'll get it Thur. Free 2 day shipping. I knew that was there if WW failed.

Thanks for your posts guys. My last post here.

Buzz

OK, CYA!

• BuzzU changed the title to Not So Lousy Way To Do Business

Not sure what problem the OP had, but the TM Warthog is a poor choice IMHO. It has poorer build quality than the Orion 2 but is more expensive, at least in Canada. The Orion 2 is a much better long term choice.

I checked the site and it is clearly marked what items are in stock or out of stock. It may be related to the Chinese New Year, I got an email that they were closing down for a week or so.

• Like 1

I found the problem and figured out how to get it ordered. It should arrive on Monday according to the tracking#. I'm very familiar with the TM Warthog. I've had 5 of them in the last decade. I agree it's not a good choice anymore. It was a good choice when it first came out. Although, I never had a problem with any of them. I buy and sell a lot of my gear. Not because of anything wrong with it but I bounced back and forth between combat flight sims and auto racing. I can't race anymore due to getting motion sickness all of a sudden. I raced for 25 years with no sickness. Maybe my old age finally said enough racing. So, if the WinWing doesn't give me any problems it should be the last HOTAS I buy. I hope so anyway.

One thing is for sure. I have way more buttons, sliders, and dials to play with than the TM. As we all know. We can never have too many.

Buzz