Full cold start procedure from the 1982 Czechoslovakian video

wcdiver

Thanks. I haven't seen that before. From the top YT comment, I gather it has been posted here somewhere already.

It's worth noting that this is a procedure with cold-start using external (ground) power source.

Edited by Jascha

• 3 weeks later...

great video. Thanks for sharing.

Quick nerdy question. at 3:48 in the video, he switches on the two batteries, selects "power from battery", but then switches on Tank 1 & 2 fuel pumps before checking the battery and bus voltages.

He then switches the tanks off again, before hooking up the external power. 

Any idea why he powered up the tanks? Is it to create some current draw on the battery for the tests?

As I said... nerdy question, but I am genuinely interested. 

12 hours ago, Dataduffy said:

great video. Thanks for sharing.

Quick nerdy question. at 3:48 in the video, he switches on the two batteries, selects "power from battery", but then switches on Tank 1 & 2 fuel pumps before checking the battery and bus voltages.

He then switches the tanks off again, before hooking up the external power. 

Any idea why he powered up the tanks? Is it to create some current draw on the battery for the tests?

As I said... nerdy question, but I am genuinely interested. 

It’s in the pre start check list. Step 38, power from battery on. 39. parking break check 

40. Service tank 1/2 on 

Check tank 1/2 lights and battery voltage 

then turn tank 1/2 off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

2 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

It’s in the pre start check list. Step 38, power from battery on. 39. parking break check 

40. Service tank 1/2 on 

Check tank 1/2 lights and battery voltage 

then turn tank 1/2 off 

Thanks for the quick response. 🙂

Is my assumption correct that switching on the pumps is to create a load on the battery for the check?

Can you also please point me to where I can find the checklist you refer to? I have looked through the quick start guide again, but I can't seem to find it. Probably me being blind!

Many thanks again.

2 hours ago, Dataduffy said:

Thanks for the quick response. 🙂

Is my assumption correct that switching on the pumps is to create a load on the battery for the check?

Can you also please point me to where I can find the checklist you refer to? I have looked through the quick start guide again, but I can't seem to find it. Probably me being blind!

Many thanks again.

It’s not in the guide, I am referencing real world checklist I likely shouldn’t share here 

Fuel pumps need battery power to work. So you are checking both batteries and that the fuel pumps work. When you turn on fuel pumps, green annunciator lights above them turn on. So you are checking that both battery and fuel pumps work 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg