Cockpit View

Is their anyway offline to get my view up 2 more notches, horizontal just 1/4 of an inch under the top of the glass seems like my movement up is locked.  Can this be edited in SNAPVIEW File for offline play.

The default Spitfire view is quite claustrophobic and it is annoying that you have to try and hold enemy aircraft under your nose if you are above them and try to "feel" in your attack.  I'm not sure if you can position yourself higher in the cockpit to alleviate that in this module.  I'm not sure you can snapview your way out of the default view limitations but I think you can raise your head position with it.

There is view.lua file found under each aircraft folder that can be edited to achieve this sort of thing though, BUT, it automatically blocks you from online play though so you can't have superhuman spotting capabilities/advantage over other players.  There are also reports that it removes the module and prevents offline play until rectified.  I have never tried it so it is anecdotal evidence that I relay. If you were to try it, I would save a copy of the view.lua file before editing.

You can try to alter a Snapview much more to your liking by following the info from this old post by Rudel_chw for custom snapview changes in the game.

Customising a Snap View:

1. Set your current view up as you want it saved.

2. Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

3. Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Important: Disable/Pause your Track-IR/Head-tracker while doing it !

Keys to use when setting up the view:

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

Edited by Grundar