Tactics!

harock

just wondering about other peoples tactics for the instant action mission.

(or any other mission that you want to discuss)

i usually follow the road to the left.stabilize flight in a hover. vihkr the 3 closest tanks. then i switch to manual cannons and or rockets and take out the road block (if its still there) and then mow down the line of trucks.

i still cant do all this quick enough before the ai friendlies do some of the work for me.

this sim rules!!!

S! (Salute!)

Been flying this sim for many weeks and still can't get the rockets to behave the way I would like, so I leave that bit out. O/w pretty similar; in general, I try to knock out SAMs and Shilkas first then put my wingman to work on one end while I work the other flank.

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

Tactis always depends on the mission...is the enemy known? what type of armour AA etc. etc.

from these intel you plan your assault...what weapons to bring, should you do a quick insertion or a more stealth approach (always use the landscape to give ur cover)

Always a good idea to do your biggest threats first (AA) or (MBT)..and if possible from a far enough distance as possible..when the primary threats are neutralized you go for the soft targets....deploying your rockets from a closer distance..always on the lookout for secondary threats.....12,7 machineguns, RPG etc.

And at last you use your cannon for those u missed....

Always a good idea to save a vikhr or two for the ride home...u never know

Note: You can only plan for the first encounter with the enemy...from there everything can happend.

Good Hunting

• Like 1

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

You need to fly stable (small changes in airspeed, pitch, yaw, altitude) for rockets to be reasonably accurate.

Been flying this sim for many weeks and still can't get the rockets to behave the way I would like, so I leave that bit out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, it works, so long as you confine that target area to something reasonable and you don't sweep too violently ;)

Basically the rockets you launch will have momentum imparted onto them from whatever your helicopter is doing to begin with, which is what can lead to gross misses.

But you're using them as airborne artillery, which is the way to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Watch this video, it's like GGTharos say, rockets by itself are not the most accurate weapon in the world add to that the unstable flight of a helicopter and you get the idea. Rockets are good when you don't have AAA, SAMs or something that can fire to your helo, if that is the case then you just pick up the target get some speed align with it and fire away some rockets in an average altitude. Works great for light armour and personal. Sometimes is good when you see AAA fire and it's cover by trees, you just fire some rockets burst at the trees and AAA goes boom! That works great when you don't have enough time to lock on the target on TV or you want to make some blind fire.

Best regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Those unguided rockets are actually meant for soft targets/vehicles and personel... and they are not that acurate in real life... I don't have much luck hitting something with them either, I preffer to stay away from danger, scan the area first while hovering, then if I see any AAA/IR etc I take them with vikhrs then gunso the rest, unless I get hit by something else in meantime :D

I have to admit flying a chopper is not as axciting for me as flying an aircraft... most of the time I spend in hover... and if I don't see something that can kill me I am out of the sky before you can say ouch :(

No longer active in DCS...

You really have to have your feet under control. :) The slightest movement on my CH Pedals results in significant yaw making it hard to stay with the reticle on where I want to shoot.

I wonder if the real KA-50 pilots spam the trim when they are enaging ground targets to keep updating the trim system to keep it steady at what they're pointing at?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”