how to force disable trackfile recording on clients?

I´m currently building a PvP Campaign between two communities and after a couple of tests we´ve come to the conclusion that we need to force disabling the trackfile recording on all sides because cheating (through the trackfiles) has been unable to stop.

We already tried with disable_write_track = true  but it´s not enough since they can still open the .miz file.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:19 AM, tezak said:

I´m currently building a PvP Campaign between two communities and after a couple of tests we´ve come to the conclusion that we need to force disabling the trackfile recording on all sides because cheating (through the trackfiles) has been unable to stop.

We already tried with disable_write_track = true  but it´s not enough since they can still open the .miz file.

You can't disable track recording on connected client. You can turn off export so they will not able to read in realtime (or near realtime) data with external tool like tacview.
What I normally tends to do in this scenario, is trying to create the environment as much as I can using scripting, and load it from outside the .miz file itself.

So people that open .trk and read as a .miz, basically don't find anything use full information on it.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!