Eclair Pod

Gunnergolly

I've been messing around with the M2000C and In the ME i pick one of the Eclair_M configurations to add more chaff/flares to the M2000C.

The in game the kneepad says that i have those addtional flare/chaff quantities loaded but in reality i am only ever able to fire off a maximum of 16 flares no matter which pod configuration i choose in the ME.

If for instance i choose to have an additional 16 flares in the Eclair-M pod, those 16 flares are fired off ok but the aircrafts internal flare dispencers have been disabled.

The additional chaff quantities seem to working ok as it first empties the Eclair-M pod and then switches over to the internal chaff dispencers. 

I have disabled all mods and cleaned/repaired my DCS installation.... made no difference.

Is this a known problem with the eclair pod or are am i doing something wrong ??....... i've read the manual but still non the wiser.. 

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

2 hours ago, Gunnergolly said:

Is this a known problem with the eclair pod or are am i doing something wrong ?

Didn't find a problem when dispensing 64 flare and chaff using the Eclair-M 6/0 (48 flares, 0 chaff) configuration.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/339510-edit-countermeasures-count-in-me/?do=findComment&comment=5344356

The only thing that might catch you out is that AFAIK, you MUST ensure DCS's chaff/flare sliders are set to 234/64 when rearming.

Attached is a track where I dispense 64 flares using countermeasure program 5 (1 chaff + 1 flare), if you continue to have issues please attach a short track file.

Tested using an air spawn M-2000C (Eclair-M 2/4 and 6/0 configurations), Caucasus Map, DCS Open Beta Multithread 2.9.2.49940

M2K Eclair-M 6_0 64 Flare Test, 2_9_2_49940.trk

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

4 hours ago, Gunnergolly said:

I've been messing around with the M2000C and In the ME i pick one of the Eclair_M configurations to add more chaff/flares to the M2000C.

The in game the kneepad says that i have those addtional flare/chaff quantities loaded but in reality i am only ever able to fire off a maximum of 16 flares no matter which pod configuration i choose in the ME.

If for instance i choose to have an additional 16 flares in the Eclair-M pod, those 16 flares are fired off ok but the aircrafts internal flare dispencers have been disabled.

The additional chaff quantities seem to working ok as it first empties the Eclair-M pod and then switches over to the internal chaff dispencers. 

I have disabled all mods and cleaned/repaired my DCS installation.... made no difference.

Is this a known problem with the eclair pod or are am i doing something wrong ??....... i've read the manual but still non the wiser.. 

There is a known issue with old mission files. A flare/chaff limit might be stored inside the file and you can't edit it.

Try deleting the aircraft and adding a new one, this does fix the problem.

Thanks for your replies guys.

It was due to using an old mission file, deleting the aircraft and adding a new M2000C fixed it....

It's been a very long time since i last time i played this aircraft, there's been a lot of changes in that time...  i'm sure the countermeasures panel used to be on the left side of the glareshield 🤔 !!!.

Thanks again ..

Edited by Gunnergolly
  • Like 1

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

30 minutes ago, Gunnergolly said:

It's been a very long time since i last time i played this aircraft, there's been a lot of changes in that time...  i'm sure the countermeasures panel used to be on the left side of the glareshield 🤔 !!!

Lol. The old Eclair control box was removed from the DCS cockpit in November 2019 and cockpit revised to match the real as flown by the AdA.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/170893-dcs-world-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta/?do=findComment&comment=4068013

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Where's that five years gone !!!!!.

No wonder all my original control bindings don't work anymore..

Still a great airrcraft to fly..... at least that hasn't changed 😄...