LS 6 And GB 6 are still stupid ?

I.MAG

Hello everyone
I have already seen that for a while the JF17 bombs have been having problems. a first patch announced that they were repaired and that only SFW posed problems.
It seems that the LS 6s are still buggy.
After several tries I still have a vast majority that go completely wrong.

Attached is the .TRK of an outing 5 minutes ago where 2 LS-6 500 fired in TOO go anywhere.

Can we have some info about a general fix about those weapons ?

Thx for all and fly safe !

4YA_Cau_PVE2_V2.73[02_JUN_SCT]-20240219-162108.trk.7z

15 minutes ago, I.MAG said:

Hello everyone
I have already seen that for a while the JF17 bombs have been having problems. a first patch announced that they were repaired and that only SFW posed problems.
It seems that the LS 6s are still buggy.
After several tries I still have a vast majority that go completely wrong.

Attached is the .TRK of an outing 5 minutes ago where 2 LS-6 500 fired in TOO go anywhere.

Can we have some info about a general fix about those weapons ?

Thx for all and fly safe !

4YA_Cau_PVE2_V2.73[02_JUN_SCT]-20240219-162108.trk.7z 48.63 MB · 1 download

did you have HNS turned on?

FWIW I made a test mission to try these out, and have mostly been getting consistently good result on the unitary bombs, including LS-6 variants. Cluster versions (so GB-6 and GB-6 SFW) are very inconsistent, and admittedly I have had a couple of situations online where my LS-6s didn't behave.

• Like 1

Hi all 

I tried again , and still have some problems 

Some ls6-250 are going to their targets without any problems and seconds later ls6-250 and 500 go stupid , same fly same target group same TGP and nearly same parameters when droping them ( 12 to 20 Nm / 25000 F / M 0.7 to 08 ) Really curious ...

You are playing online? On multiplayer my glide bombs are consistently going stupid and falling from the sky. But when I play with others, from their perspective, the bombs glide to target. I can actually see bomb craters where they should have hit. Is this server desync?

Edited by cuth

I just tried myself with LS-6 250 and LS-6 500.

1. I defined 4 targets and entered them as PPs into UFCP.

2. I switched to A-G/SMS and defined first 4 profiles as PP with subsequent PPs 36,37,38,39

3. I cycled to 1st profile

4. I launched 1st

5. I cycled to 2nd profile

6. I launched 2nd

7. I cycled to 3rd profile

8. I launched 3rd

9. I cycled to 4th profile

10. I launched

Results:

LS-6 250: first two bombs hit designated targets, second two reverted to first target (despite being launched under profiles 3 and 4)

LS-6 500: all 4 missiles went to the same target

What am I missing here?

In addition they do not ingress under default -45 degree angle.

Edited by okopanja

26 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I just tried myself with LS-6 250 and LS-6 500.

LS-6 250: first two bombs hit designated targets

What version of DCS MT or non MT ?

Can you do a track ?

It's strange, my LS-6 250 & 500 often miss the target (DCS MT, TOO & PP)

3 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

What version of DCS MT or non MT ?

Can you do a track ?

It's strange, my LS-6 250 & 500 often miss the target (DCS MT, TOO & PP)

1. MT

2. I can do the track, I just have to do it manually, since DCS can not record the button presses done from my mod.

3. It's not strange, it's regular. I have a feeling that also it does not execute the ingress correctly

Here is the video to demonstrate the issue.

15 hours ago, okopanja said:

1. MT

2. I can do the track, I just have to do it manually, since DCS can not record the button presses done from my mod.

3. It's not strange, it's regular. I have a feeling that also it does not execute the ingress correctly

Here is the video to demonstrate the issue.

I tried with 4 target and it works, but i use only 2 profiles

Profile 1 ->PP1 & PP2
Profile 2-->PP3 & PP4

I hit only 1 target but each ls6 go to his target (missed them because of inacuracy of LS6 (and GB6 by the way))

Your Sharkplanner is great, didn't know about it, can you add FC3 (su-25) planes, it would be really useful

Edited by sylkhan

42 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

I tried with 4 target and it works, but i use only 2 profiles

Profile 1 ->PP1 & PP2
Profile 2-->PP3 & PP4

I hit only 1 target but each ls6 go to his target (missed them because of inacuracy of LS6 (and GB6 by the way))

I managed once to send 4 bombs on 4 different targets, but I must say logic escapes me.

42 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

Your Sharkplanner is great, didn't know about it, can you add FC3 (su-25) planes, it would be really useful

I did not find yet anything that works.

So far I figure out that FC3 can get nav points from mission, but this sadly does not work in MP (commands get executed on server, but never transferred to client).

However, I must say that I tried weird things but none could be used in a practical manner, the way it is possible with other modules.

For the FC3 the only tip I can give you is to use LAND mode to select nearest airport and then switch e.g. ti A-A mode. The HSI will designate direction and distance to the airport.

5 hours ago, sylkhan said:

How do you capture coordinates?  Decimal place in seconds matters a lot.

I am hitting Leopards directly or by the very side.

16 hours ago, okopanja said:

How do you capture coordinates?  Decimal place in seconds matters a lot.

I am hitting Leopards directly or by the very side.

Perhaps LS6 better like "leaopard" than "APC (my targets)", (just kidding).

I use mission editor

Capturedcs.JPG
It's seems to be something wrong with my install then, I will try to de-install the module, do a repair, and re-install the module.

EDIT : after a fresh install, no luck, even in TOO mode (pod), ls-6 (250 & 500), GB-6 HE, are not accurate, only Ls6-100 are ok

Edited by sylkhan

4 minutes ago, Napillo said:

you need to use the NWS button to switch between your bombs and set different PP targets for each bomb. 

I manage to hit 4 targets with 4 bombs in repeatable manner with both LS-6 250 and 500. However logic escapes me. I do not understand why I have to define profiles, while selecting explicitly pylon, and there later cycle the pylons while selecting proper pylon.

@sylkhancan  you post your mission? (which map do you use?)

5 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I do not understand why I have to define profiles, while selecting explicitly pylon, and there later cycle the pylons while selecting proper pylon.

The profiles are there for that first page on the sms, not the 'cntl' of the bomb itself.

2 hours ago, sylkhan said:

Syria & persian gulf

EDIT : After re-testing ls-6 100 i have the same acuracy problem than other Ls-6, very strange, if i am the only one with this behavior

JF17 entrainement-syrie.miz 374.92 kB · 2 downloads JF17 entrainement-golfePersique.miz 13.33 kB · 0 downloads

I tried Syria. I used my mod to enter coordinates and I made sure they are as accurate as possible.

Made 3 runs:

1. Climbed to 30kft, launched, hit 2 out of 4.

2. Stayed level, launched, hit 1 out of 4.

3. Stayed level, launched, hit 1 out of 4.

In all 3 cases the hitting errors were different. (e.g. not hitting/missing same target). This means that coordinates are not to be blamed. Furthermore the error is present both in latitude and longitude (mentioning this since the lower the latitude is, the greater the error would be with same precision in DD MM SS.s format).

Observe the screenshot: error is great enough to miss a building. Clearly there is an issue here.

On Caucasus: I am practically hitting the Leopards directly or within 1 meter from the edge.

Mission I used: Growling Sidewinder, target at Tschinkvali.

image.png

Edited by okopanja

Ive also run a little test. 

Setup: Singleplayer, Current OB, Used the PP Points Marker on F10 MAP. CEP Was maybe 3m, so looks perfectly reasonable. mind you, i was to lazy to also test GB6 or the smaller LS6 

User 1 Weapon Program for the 4 Targets. 

15 hours ago, sylkhan said:

After re-testing ls-6 100

The little ones are a bit wonky anyway. I`d just laser them in and dont rely on GPS Guidance. 

Screen_240226_120422.jpg

Screen_240226_120432.jpg

LS-6 500 Test.trk

Edited by BigBorner

10 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Can you please try the mission from @sylkhan?

I try to do that later. 

Ah, another thing: 

18 hours ago, Napillo said:

The profiles are there for that first page on the sms, not the 'cntl' of the bomb itself.

If you check my track, youll notive that the CNTL Page setup is also Program dependent. Didnt realize that before either (Thats why i was starting to set up 2 Programs initially but ended up just using one for all of the 4 Targets / pylons / Weapons. Youll never stop learning 😄 ) 

11 hours ago, BigBorner said:

CEP Was maybe 3m, so looks perfectly reasonable.

It's sometimes more than 3m, and they were more acurate before, something is actually wrong IMO.

If you look at the f-18 JDAM/Jsow they are perfectly acurate, look at 3.40 mn, our ls6 & GB-6 are not.

User 1 Weapon Program for the 4 Targets.

It's normal because you use the same bomb on 4 pylons, then only 1 profile.
If you have bombs on dual rack or different bomb type (250 & 500) you will need 2 profiles

The little ones are a bit wonky anyway. I`d just laser them in and dont rely on GPS Guidance.

Yes with laser they are ok

Your track is too long (18 mn), try to make them shorter 🙂

EDIT : in the last changelog i can see
"Prepare to switch to ED’s LS-6/GB-6 "

Perhaps @uboats is waiting for the switch and can tell us some words about this.

Edited by sylkhan

5 hours ago, sylkhan said:

It's sometimes more than 3m, and they were more acurate before, something is actually wrong IMO.

If you look at the f-18 JDAM/Jsow they are perfectly acurate, look at 3.40 mn, our ls6 & GB-6 are not.

FWIW I don't think expecting perfect accuracy is a realistic target, but that's not to say anything about current accuracy.