can some one help me with this, please?

this weapon from the Canned River Crossing mission for the Harrier, will not rdy up..

trks, logs included.

av8bagmsntrdy.rar

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

13 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

this weapon from the Canned River Crossing mission for the Harrier, will not rdy up..

TL;DR:

Although the default loadout of 2x AGM-65G and Sidearms is depreciated and the aircraft spawns without it's original Sidearms - the AGM-65G's will RDY if given enough time.

Detail:

For the IRMav to "RDY", the aircraft needs to be in A2G mode and the IRMV selected/powered up i.e. "boxed" on the MFD for approx. 3 minutes

AV8B AGM-65G StartWarmUp,Firebrigade.jpg

It's important to note that the AV-8B's TPOD is treated by the weapon system as if it's another "weapon" and when selected, will deselect the IRMav, etc.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/324103-help-with-ir-mavs/?do=findComment&comment=5199684

The AGM-65G still functions despite being depreciated in DCS i.e. the AGM-65G was a place holder for the AGM-65F now in game.

AV8B AGM-65G still functions in the Firebrigade Mission, 2_9_2_49940.jpg

Tested in DCS Open Beta Multi-thread 2.9.2.49940

Edited by Ramsay
Spelling

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

ok but I did alow for 3 minutes many time flying in orbit waiting and it never rdy up.

also I had to remove the sidearms because the weight even set default load out would not allow for take off.

ok Thank you very much, appreciate this. I was looking at the TPOD before the IRMV was rdy.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

another question, how in the world do I get the IRMV re-centered, I have tried reset the AG mode, and turn on off the master switch, It will not recenter.

3 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

... how in the world do I get the IRMV re-centered, I have tried reset the AG mode, and turn on off the master switch, It will not recenter.

IIRC cage/uncage will re-centre the IRMav seeker, however when uncaged, it will slave to the INS (target designation, last target point, etc.), HUD flight path marker or Aircraft centreline/HUD watermark - depending on the last sensor/system you've been using and where in a designation-undesignation chain you are i.e. the NWS button changes the FoV without a target lock, however with a target lock (closed cross hairs), NWS button unlocks the target and boresights the IRMav to the flight path marker.

It's covered on page 223 of Chuck's AV-8B Guide but I haven't tested it in detail recently.

AFAIK DCS's INS designation logic is imperfect and Razbam hope to improve it with a system rework some time in the future.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2 hours ago, Ramsay said:

IIRC cage/uncage will re-centre the IRMav seeker, however when uncaged, it will slave to the INS (target designation, last target point, etc.), HUD flight path marker or Aircraft centreline/HUD watermark - depending on the last sensor/system you've been using and where in a designation-undesignation chain you are i.e. the NWS button changes the FoV without a target lock, however with a target lock (closed cross hairs), NWS button unlocks the target and boresights the IRMav to the flight path marker.

It's covered on page 223 of Chuck's AV-8B Guide but I haven't tested it in detail recently.

AFAIK DCS's INS designation logic is imperfect and Razbam hope to improve it with a system rework some time in the future.

well I been doing that its not working.

• 4 weeks later...

ok still issue even with out T-Pod, using DMT the cross hairs for IRMV Mavs still lock on ground textures instead of a target, sometimes locks take until .5 nm to lock a T-90.