Dedicated server for solo play

kraszus

In my case PC2 is quite old, Amd 2600x and 16gb RAM.

PC1 is Amd 5600x, RTX3090 and 64GB RAM.

With the advent of multithreading...

1. Are there any benefits of running a server on PC2 and fly on PC1 for solo play?

2. Or, run dedicated server and client both on PC1?

3. Self host on PC1 on same client? ie. Choose multiplayer on client and fly mission from there

4. Just fly regular mission without any hosting?

Asking because I occasionally get CPU bound and wondering if a server and client will use separate threads or does multithreading make the whole thing redundant?

22 hours ago, kraszus said:

In my case PC2 is quite old, Amd 2600x and 16gb RAM.

PC1 is Amd 5600x, RTX3090 and 64GB RAM.

With the advent of multithreading...

1. Are there any benefits of running a server on PC2 and fly on PC1 for solo play?

2. Or, run dedicated server and client both on PC1?

3. Self host on PC1 on same client? ie. Choose multiplayer on client and fly mission from there

4. Just fly regular mission without any hosting?

Asking because I occasionally get CPU bound and wondering if a server and client will use separate threads or does multithreading make the whole thing redundant?

Run separate instance as a server to host a mission on same pc, or even another computer on the same LAN, was a work-around very popular before multi thread client, and where on large and complex mission scenario makes the difference!
But to be honest, nowadays with the MT client, for solo play you can easily get same performance running just the client.
If the PC2 was already always on for some other reason, you can host the dedicated server there and for sure in large context and scenario (i.e. liberation campaign) you can have some performance improvements.

Option number 3 is completely useless and just add overhead to the situation.

so......take it easy, you're option 4 unless really large complex mission, where Option 1 (run dedicated server on pc2) can have some benefits.

• Thanks 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!