Editor has incorrect coordinates

th3flyboy

Hey, I just noticed that the editor and the in game gps coordinates for an object don't match up. This is a big problem for me because I'm trying to put the objects that are in game in tacview using static objects and I can't do that easily with the editor being screwy the way it is.

any chance of this fixed in the patch?

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

I am pretty sure this is not something that is going to be fixed until the new engine comes out. It has been brought up before, with the relevant information being:

In the current engine, the terrain model remains flat. However, as you can see in the ME screenshot, ED is developing a spherical terrain model for the new engine. Currently, the spherical ME map and the in-game terrain model are matched through a coordinate conversion system.

In other words, the map for the editor and the map in the game are not exactly identical.

For the whole post, and more info, check here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=484281

Ok then, is there any way to extract the building placement info from the game files? That would make my task a LOT easier.

If nothing else, I guess I will have to wait for the new engine.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

Would a spherical map editor even matter in a sim where you do not cover enouugh real estate in a mission for the sphere vs the flat map distortion in coordinates to even matter? If you were covering a thousand mile long map coordinates and waypoints then you would be off a couple miles, but not in a 50 mile map.

IMHO

:joystick:

maybe the sim maker just wants to make this sim as perfect as possible. or maybe it is for future sim engine expansions... ?

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR