Interception range ground units

Gunfreak

I thought this dictated at which range the unit would engage the enemy vs maxium 100%. 

But even at 8% the ground units open fire at the same long range. I want them to hold fire until they are much closer to each other

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

4 hours ago, Grimes said:

This setting applies to engaging airborne targets. 

So how do I limit range in ground to ground. Its not very realistic that they open fire at 2km with heavy machine guns in the middle of the night. When they don't have night optics

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

8 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

So how do I limit range in ground to ground. Its not very realistic that they open fire at 2km with heavy machine guns in the middle of the night. When they don't have night optics

You can change ROE or alarm state, then toggle whatever you set back to default. Problem being they won't engage anything else until triggered to do so. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

HMGs have quite extensive ranges and 2km is not unusual. I carried out some tests and found a “moving” Scout HL with DSHK 12.7mm (IRL effective range = 2km) would engage at the following distances:

Day                      = 1.49km

Night full moon  = 1.15km

If you want to reduce the effective ranges then you can carry out the actions provided in the.miz file attached. The point at which both units in the mission will engage each other is set to 1km. I hope this is useful. Cheers

HMGTESTREDUCERANGE.miz

Edited by SUNTSAG
  • Like 1

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]