DCS ST VR - Mouse cursor color now Black

Go to solution Solved by Rocky49,

Just updated to latest version today and the mouse cursor is now black and nearly impossible to see  I can't find where to change the color back to white.

• Like 1

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Yes only in VR 

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I can't reproduce your issue in VR. Maybe a DCS option is involved. Please attach:

• your options.lua file (from Saved Games/DCS.../Config)
  • and your dcs.log file (from Saved Games/DCS.../Logs)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Here are the files you requested.

dcs.log options.lua

• Thanks 1

I'll give it a try

deleted both fxo and metashaders2  Didn't helpScreen_240222_172227.jpg

Hello, thanks for the neat updates with FC3 and voluminous other fixes with this latest update.  I'm a VR user, and while the new mouse pointer is very sharp and high-res, It is now a very dark color, and I cannot see it when when moved over the cockpit panels.  Am I missing something about settings, or is this something we can put on the list for an improvement, like going back to the color teal, or like green or even yellow which is easier on the eyes?

thanks for reading.  

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I found it: it's a DCS ST-only issue. If you use DCS MT, the cursor will be yellow.

I'll report this issue but please remind that DCS ST will disappear one day.

• Flappie changed the title to DCS ST VR - Mouse cursor color now Black

Why so?

It's important that devs are aware of all MT issues, so they can be fixed before ST disappears. That's why I'm asking why you prefer using ST for the moment.

Flappie, I'm glad you asked because I just gave another try to MT.

Before yesterday's update I had black tearing in VR and less performance than in ST. Today it SEEMS that MT is working better.

My system is i9-10900k, 32GB DDR4, RTX3090 and dedicated NVMe 2TB SSD. HP Rev.G2 VR.

I will keep testing and will let you know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

I found it: it's a DCS ST-only issue. If you use DCS MT, the cursor will be yellow.

I'll report this issue but please remind that DCS ST will disappear one day.

Hi Flappie, mine is black in MT when its normally green.

I thought I was running multi threading.  

• Solution

I was not running MT🥴 Thanks for the Help Flappie working great now

Edited by Rocky49
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

Why so?

It's important that devs are aware of all MT issues, so they can be fixed before ST disappears. That's why I'm asking why you prefer using ST for the moment.

i will give MT another try.  It's just that since mt rolled out my pimax 8k+  is super dizzy- time jittery when running it.  It could be my settings like prerendered frames or something.  I'll give it another try.  Thanks for your work.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

2 hours ago, Talvid said:

i will give MT another try.  It's just that since mt rolled out my pimax 8k+  is super dizzy- time jittery when running it.  It could be my settings like prerendered frames or something.  I'll give it another try.  Thanks for your work.

Multi-Threading is nice because it increases the resolution.  I'm back to getting dizzy spells in my VR headset though, when I press F1 back to cockpit after looking at the map.  

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

19 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please attach your dcs.log file.

Well didnt I learn a thing or two. Turns out after I actually looked at the log, I was running in ST as well the whole time since MT has been out. I have the DCS steam version and use using a created shortcut to the bin-mt DCS.exe clearly doesnt work. I just launched MT via the steam library and the cursor is fine.

So thanks Flappie for advice 🙂

dcs.log

Edited by Jazzadanub
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jazzadanub said:

I think your log shows you are running ST

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR

MT should be in the bin-MT folder

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

19 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

I think your log shows you are running ST

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR

MT should be in the bin-MT folder

Yeh I just worked that out. I did have the shortcut set correctly, I just didn't realise the steam version doesn't use it properly "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR"