Track replay is broken for files done with previous builds

Furia
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

I am trying to replay the tracks I recorded before the merge and they are not working properly.

I usually fly the Apache in multicrew, so I do not know if this is just an Apache issue or not.

On tracks recorded in the Normandy map with multiple multicrewed Apaches, there is no human player or activity in the track.

In the Apache session flown in Syria, I was the server and I usually fly as CPG, the track shows only the pilot.

Before the merge, when I recoded the track as CPG, the track showed the CPG.

Even some tracks I used a few weeks ago to create some videos are not working now.

I have not been able to do a multiplayer flight with the new build, so I do not know if this happens with the new version, but in my case the old files just do not work anymore.

The files are too heavy to upload here, but maybe you can try to replay your old tracks (if possible in Normandy or with the Apache in multicrew) and see if it reproduces on your side.

• Solution

Keep in mind that by definition tracks in DCS have never been  backwards-compatible, especially if an update is a big one and contains many changes to this or that module. I don't think the replay system improvements introduced in 2.9 were meant to change that, they were supposed to increase replay accuracy but within the same version number.

If some of the older tracks still work after an update or two, it's an exception rather than the rule. Expect them to become broken eventually.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.