Last Update Experience

Omega1-1

After updating DCS to the latest patch, the graphics looks for me not the same as before. The Canopy reflections looks nice. Before update it just was like white transparent cockpit reflection, now looks like a real reflection (green, red etc. on the canopy). 

I also noticed the graphic quality, and i have 99% time 250-299 FPS (Maxed out, no VR, 4090), even i dont need so much FPS, but just for the feedback here. I had before this patch always frame drops when i was flying near carrier. Now everything works like a charm.

What i also noticed, i can tell you for sure since i did a lot of carrier landings, i had never damaged the landing gear at all, even if i landed rude on the carrier. Today i wanted to do some carrier case 1 landing and i catch wire 3 but the landing was little bit hard, but i would never think that it was so hard to damage the landing gear. And after landing i turned right to the parking area and suddenly i heard some warning tone then i looked in my cockpit, and the landing gear lever was red. Switched with F2 and my  landing gear, the left wheel was crooked and the right wheel was fine. It was a nice experience, i can tell you. You have to be now careful ^.

All in one sounds very good, amazing. Hope soon the 3D Pilot will be implemented fully, because the kneeboard is still not working, the helmet visor dont have any function yet.

PS: I recommend you guys to update the DLSS file to the latest 3.5.10.0 because DCS World dont have the latest there. But only if you have RTX4000 GPU. For 3000 dont know exactly what you need to do. 

My question: What experience have you had with the new patch? Or its only me?

Edited by Omega1-1

5 hours ago, Omega1-1 said:

I also noticed the graphic quality, and i have 99% time 250-299 FPS (Maxed out, no VR, 4090)

What resolution are you running? With a 4090 you can easily do 4K and still get around 90-120 FPS. A card like that is overkill for anything lower. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb SharpeXB:

What resolution are you running? With a 4090 you can easily do 4K and still get around 90-120 FPS. A card like that is overkill for anything lower. 

What do you mean i can do 4K? I always do everything in 4K and have in marianas 220 FPS. If you dont reach higher FPS you should update your DLSS file.

23 hours ago, Omega1-1 said:

After updating DCS to the latest patch, the graphics looks for me not the same as before. The Canopy reflections looks nice. Before update it just was like white transparent cockpit reflection, now looks like a real reflection (green, red etc. on the canopy). 

I also noticed the graphic quality, and i have 99% time 250-299 FPS (Maxed out, no VR, 4090), even i dont need so much FPS, but just for the feedback here. I had before this patch always frame drops when i was flying near carrier. Now everything works like a charm.

What i also noticed, i can tell you for sure since i did a lot of carrier landings, i had never damaged the landing gear at all, even if i landed rude on the carrier. Today i wanted to do some carrier case 1 landing and i catch wire 3 but the landing was little bit hard, but i would never think that it was so hard to damage the landing gear. And after landing i turned right to the parking area and suddenly i heard some warning tone then i looked in my cockpit, and the landing gear lever was red. Switched with F2 and my  landing gear, the left wheel was crooked and the right wheel was fine. It was a nice experience, i can tell you. You have to be now careful ^.

All in one sounds very good, amazing. Hope soon the 3D Pilot will be implemented fully, because the kneeboard is still not working, the helmet visor dont have any function yet.

PS: I recommend you guys to update the DLSS file to the latest 3.5.10.0 because DCS World dont have the latest there. But only if you have RTX4000 GPU. For 3000 dont know exactly what you need to do. 

My question: What experience have you had with the new patch? Or its only me?

Honestly, You should limit the FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor.

if you're on a 60Hz screen rendering at 300 fps, you're wasting 240 of those frame, as you never see them, and dropping 240 frames from the render pipeline via the VPU to the screen would cause stuttering without Frame Time Increases or drops, as the GPU is Rendering 300 FPS the motion is smooth for those 300, now the VPU says I only need 60, so the last 240 get dumped, you now have a 240 frame gap between frame 59 and frame 0 of the next second.

not to mention, Power Consumption wasted, heat output, wear and tear on silicon, CPU usage for the DX11 render pipeline, etc etc.

even on a 240Hz screen, those spikes to 300 are just wasting GPU resources, limit the GPU to only render what it needs, so it has resources to buff out those dips a little bit.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

17 hours ago, Omega1-1 said:

What do you mean i can do 4K? I always do everything in 4K and have in marianas 220 FPS. If you dont reach higher FPS you should update your DLSS file.

Oh you’re using DLSS, that explains it. If I’m getting 100 fps without it I prefer the higher quality. DLSS adds artifacts and such. Try turning it off you might like it. There’s no need for such high frame rates regardless. A 4090 doesn’t need DLSS in this or any game. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SharpeXB:

Oh you’re using DLSS, that explains it. If I’m getting 100 fps without it I prefer the higher quality. DLSS adds artifacts and such. Try turning it off you might like it. There’s no need for such high frame rates regardless. A 4090 doesn’t need DLSS in this or any game. 

Yes even if i dont need DLSS, because i am never under 120FPS at least, but i felt in love with it. I have a curved 4K Monitor 165Hz and i dont have any artefacts. Maybe older monitors show those artefacts with DLSS. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb SkateZilla:

Honestly, You should limit the FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor.

if you're on a 60Hz screen rendering at 300 fps, you're wasting 240 of those frame, as you never see them, and dropping 240 frames from the render pipeline via the VPU to the screen would cause stuttering without Frame Time Increases or drops, as the GPU is Rendering 300 FPS the motion is smooth for those 300, now the VPU says I only need 60, so the last 240 get dumped, you now have a 240 frame gap between frame 59 and frame 0 of the next second.

not to mention, Power Consumption wasted, heat output, wear and tear on silicon, CPU usage for the DX11 render pipeline, etc etc.

even on a 240Hz screen, those spikes to 300 are just wasting GPU resources, limit the GPU to only render what it needs, so it has resources to buff out those dips a little bit.

Now i understand why ED added this FPS Limiter in the settings.

My Monitor runs with 165Hz, and i even dont pay attention to that. It was just for feedback. I had nevere so much FPS like after this latest update. It runs like never before. Dont laugh at me, but sometimes it looks like ED added raytracing LOL, especially when you fly from the sun, you have those nice shadows and lightning. Just for feedback purpose. I have also activated ulta latency, so the GPU and CPU can have their own fun Lol.

Dont take this post to serious, just wanted to give feedback to ED. Thank you

16 minutes ago, Omega1-1 said:

Yes even if i dont need DLSS, because i am never under 120FPS at least, but i felt in love with it.

Try turning it off, you will get better quality. A 4090 doesn't need the help 😉

For me, who has often been critical of ED, this patch is a very good surprise.
I only speak for myself, but with the same hardware and software settings the VR experience is very fluid.
Thanks ED
But what are the changes that made this possible?
Will ED continue in the same direction?
Can expect further improvements in the future ?